3D/Binaural Sound

Are there any plans to make Unreal’s sound engine any better? As of right now, I haven’t been able to find a way to make it even adequate. I can’t make sounds feel like they are coming from any specific direction at all. I’ve looked all over for tutorials and documentation but alas, nothing has been found.

Please add Binaural, 5.1, and 7.1 support to unreal. I always brag about how great Unreal is, because it’s THE BEST. However I can’t say it’s the best at everything until we get 3d sound :frowning: Unity has support for it, where is UE4? :o Even if it would be difficult to setup, I will spend countless hours doing so. I just need the capability!

Please and thank you.

Epic Staff, you have done a fantastic job on the engine so far. I’m glad to have been apart of the beta and am overjoyed every time I see the next version update :slight_smile:

Ryan

UE4 supports 5.1 and 7.1 audio

I think he is talking aboout an HRTF type of binaural effect. 5.1 and 7.1 is just ordinary surround.

Weird…I thought this could be done already…Hellblade is doing this and they’re on UE4…

http://www.hellblade.com/?p=18306

cant FMOD do that?

+1 for a native implementation of HRTF- I thought I saw it already in the editor in a stream from Epic, but I guess it isn’t in yet- definitely would be really cool especially for VR!

A while ago, Epic hired a sound guru (forgot his name) to basically rewrite the audio framework alltogether…
So things might vastly improve :smiley: