(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

[MENTION=29846]Blue man[/MENTION],

Here you go!

Guide on How to Package C++ Plugins for the UE4 Marketplace

Thanks for sharing the updated version of my Key Rebinding system!

Lovely to hear from you Tymax!

And Great idea! It requires its own actor / component though because of the async nature of the task, so I will have to think of best way to handle and will impl when I get the :slight_smile:

:heart:

Thank you :slight_smile:

From what I can see it seems like it is only required to add ‘WhitelistPlatforms’.

That is simply awesome! I progressed a little bit further by understanding your C++ code, but im still far away to create something which could be used in a productive way by myself, leave alone solving the problems that come along with it. And i was correct, you are a GOD :slight_smile:

Thanks alot and Greetings!

, I honestly can’t remember, are you still doing preview release compatible versions of the Victory Plugin?

I had thought that moving over to the Marketplace standard for code plugins would have meant that plugins didn’t need to be re-cooked for every version of UE but 4.13p1 is giving me the “try rebuilding from source manually” error when building Victory for the first 

Hee hee!

Lovely to hear from you @Tymax!!!

Congratulations on learning C++ !

Oh I will have to download the preview build and figure out what is going on there, 1 moment

EDIT: was the 4.13 preview 1 taken back down? I restarted my launcher and I can’t seem to add a preview build of 4.13 no matter what I try :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Dear Community,

I was saving out Vector,Rotator, and Color data to a text file using my Victory BP Library node, Save String Array to File.

And found there was no way to convert a vector that was turned into a string
 back into a vector :slight_smile:

**Two-Way Conversion Now!**

I've added 3 new nodes to my Victory BP library that enable you to convert Vectors, Rotators, and Colors **back from string data** into the original primitive variable types!

String Data Validity Check

I supply a bool to let you know if the string data was solid or not and was able to be converted properly.

Like on Twitter:

Github Submission to the Engine
/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/1795

**New Download for UE4 4.12 (55mb, Media Fire)**
https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

♄ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♄

1. Win64 Development
2. Win64 Shipping  **<~~~~~~ NEW!**
3. Win32 Development
4. Win32 Shipping
4. HTML5 Development
5. HTML5 Shipping **<~~~~~~ NEW!**

Please see my instructions for [Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game](https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?3851-(39)--s-Extra-Blueprint-Nodes-for-You-as-a-Plugin-No-C-Required!&p=476476&viewfull=1#post476476).

Prior Engine Versions

**4.11: **VictoryPlugin11

**Donations can be sent to me via:**
http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

♄

Hey there, your Plugin rocks!
These new Nodes are very usefull!

A question/ request:

Is it possiblte to implement TMap und TSet with your plugin?
Probably not because we don’t have These types in Blueprint. But is it possible to create “your own” Type ?

Your question is excellent!

Actually I already implemented Tmaps as a custom actor component!

VictoryTMapComp

The types are fixed for technical reasons, if there’s a pairing of data types you need that is base engine types let me know!

PS: see next post :slight_smile:

Victory TMap Component

's Blueprints TMap Solution!

I’ve now made a BP TMap solution!

TMap is a data structure that is not yet exposed to BP, but I’ve made a component-based solution for you so that you can use TMaps in BP!

**What's a TMap?**

Really it's name is "Map" and T is the class specifier in C++, but I tend to call them TMaps since Map is a rather generic word.

A TMap is a data structure based on Key,Value pairs, where for any Key there is only one Value.

allows internal data structure look up times that are much faster than a regular dynamic array.

also allows for the association of dissimilar data types in a way that you organize.

For example, you can map a set of integers to a set of Vectors, so that each integer is related to exactly one vector.

Or, as I provide you with in my plugin, you can **relate a String to an Actor**!

means you can look up an Actor reference via a simple string input!

Or you can look up Vector data based on String data!

**The primary use of TMaps is for efficient lookup of data**, which dynamic arrays simply cannot do because there is no guarantee or assumption with dynamic arrays of anything like a key,value where each key has only 1 value.

**The rules of TMaps allow for efficient look up to speed up your game flow!**

Actor Component

My solution is component-based, which means you can have per-instance TMap data for your game’s actors!

You simply add my Victory TMap Component to any actor you want!

I used the My Character blueprint in my own tests!!!

You can use literally any actor you want, or make a new actor BP whose only role is to house the TMap Component

**Supported Types**

![IsValidCheckOnGet.jpg|956x762](upload://tSF9sIfNyhHV3ROMcL8PJxPHwBX.jpeg)

**Supported TMap Functions**

![aa1ade53f3ff0021436f1a76aac85d11992bbd7c.jpeg|1265x798](upload://ogOJATwlYRl6WYup8uRYQZ9AtGc.jpeg)

![06a72fc14f4c795fe5f7fced0d14ac3be930f540.jpeg|1245x741](upload://WR3JWI54dZ76RYdi8fm8862ATe.jpeg)

Additional TMap Combinations

If you find that you cannot use my existing set of TMap Combinations to fulfill your game’s needs, let me know by posting in thread and I can add additional TMaps to the component.

**Per Instance**

Remember that what I providing you with is a component-based solution, so you can add  TMap data to as many actors in your game as you want, and have per-instance variations in the data contained therein!

New Download for UE4 4.12 (55mb, Media Fire)

:heart: Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you :heart:

1. Win64 Development
  2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
  3. Win32 Development
  4. Win32 Shipping
  5. HTML5 Development
  6. HTML5 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

**Prior Engine Versions**

**4.11: **http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp91b9atphm2obt/VictoryPlugin11.zip

Donations can be sent to me via:

Hi,

awesome plugin!

Sadly I’m experiencing an with the “Get Brush Resource as texture 2D” Node.

I’m generating a brush from a Material Instance with a size of 256x256, but the resulting Texture 2D is always 0x0. Is there a specific workflow to make it work?

I’m using 4.12 if that makes a difference.

What version of UE4 is supported?

Victory Plugin 4.13 Released!

Dear Community,

I’ve now released a 4.13 version of my Victory Plugin!

New 4.13 Download

Prior engine version downloads are listed below!

Please note that the 4.13 download is for the current Preview 1 build and if you encounter any issues with future Preview engine builds let me know!

**New Download for UE4 4.13 Preview (55mb, Media Fire)**

♄ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♄

1. Win64 Development
2. Win64 Shipping  **&lt;~~~~~~ NEW!**
3. Win32 Development
4. Win32 Shipping
4. HTML5 Development
5. HTML5 Shipping **&lt;~~~~~~ NEW!**

Please see my instructions for [Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game](https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?3851-(39)--s-Extra-Blueprint-Nodes-for-You-as-a-Plugin-No-C-Required!&p=476476&viewfull=1#post476476).

Prior Engine Versions

**4.12: **VictoryPlugin12

♄

Hi

Many thanks for your plugins, the extra nodes are proving really useful.

If I may add a couple of suggestions for future nodes.

At present “loops” cannot have a delay, you can make your own macro but you have to do in each individual BP
it would be really handy to have a “for each loop” node with a float input pin for delay duration. (would be nice for loop types)

a the macro version of ForEachLoopWithDelay

Regards Paul G

Gives me macro Node

No credit claimed for the 
 it is from IRYO’s Blog

So how do I get unreal to either change the variable base on the text file or do something (like pause the game) if there is a/any change in that text file?

Regarding the requests above I shall get to them as soon as I can :slight_smile:

New BP Node, Flash Game on Task Bar! (Windows)

Dear Community,

Here is a video of my latest BP node!

node enables you to flash your UE4 game on the Windows OS task bar when you feel you need to get the user’s attention!

I also have a WindowIsForeground BP node you can use to figure out if you even need to flash the task bar (ie, is the user already paying attention to the game window?).

Useful for DLC, other downloaded, or important in-game events such as getting an in-game chat message!

=SKoDWzNu1bU

**New Download for UE4 4.13 Preview (55mb, Media Fire)**

1. Win64 Development
2. Win64 Shipping  **&lt;~~~~~~ NEW!**
3. Win32 Development
4. Win32 Shipping
4. HTML5 Development
5. HTML5 Shipping **&lt;~~~~~~ NEW!**

Prior Engine Versions

**4.12: **VictoryPlugin12

♄

Its about for EPIC to hire you as their main essentials developer. these things should have been in the engine from the beginning. You are awesome!
Im looking forward to your UDP BP nodes :smiley:

I was able to compile and use the 4.13 update, but packaging Win64 Development returns the following errors:
Edit: Same errors on Win64 shipping

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib(VictoryBPLibrary.generated.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “protected: virtual void __cdecl UActorComponent::CreatePhysicsState(void)” (?CreatePhysicsState@UActorComponent@@MEAAXXZ)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib(Module.VictoryBPLibrary.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “protected: virtual void __cdecl UActorComponent::CreatePhysicsState(void)” (?CreatePhysicsState@UActorComponent@@MEAAXXZ)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib(VictoryBPLibrary.generated.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “protected: virtual void __cdecl UActorComponent::DestroyPhysicsState(void)” (?DestroyPhysicsState@UActorComponent@@MEAAXXZ)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib(Module.VictoryBPLibrary.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “protected: virtual void __cdecl UActorComponent::DestroyPhysicsState(void)” (?DestroyPhysicsState@UActorComponent@@MEAAXXZ)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib(VictoryBPLibrary.generated.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: virtual void __cdecl AActor::UnregisterAllComponents(void)” (?UnregisterAllComponents@AActor@@UEAAXXZ)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib(Module.VictoryBPLibrary.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: virtual void __cdecl AActor::UnregisterAllComponents(void)” (?UnregisterAllComponents@AActor@@UEAAXXZ)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: Z:\UEProjects\TheNest_MP_02\Binaries\Win64\TheNest.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

Same error

I am getting . We have modified the engine and built it from source, so I get the way through successfully compiling the project with the added plugin, and have verified that it is enabled in the plugins menu of the Editor, but when I add the line in DefaultEngine.ini, I get the same error. I tried following the exact same instructions and process using the standard 4.11 runtime version of the editor (not built from source code) and it crashes. Please advise.