(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Hi there, welcome to the forums!

I am forwarding your comment to the person who authored that code for their review, it does appear that some modifications are needed

:slight_smile:

Yes, yes it should be (.R, .G, .B).
But not that latter (Pixel == ClearFColour), as we don’t want the user to worry about the correct alpha, just the colour.

Thank you.

Oh, right. Silly me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

Hi!

Really thanks for BP Library is really helpfull!!!

In some other thread someone told me that with your BP library I can send commands to windows like execute a .bat. But I cant find the BP :frowning:

Can someone pls tell which one is the BP that executes .

Thanks! :slight_smile:

New Node, DateTime, UTCToLocal, and fix for CaptureComponent2D_SaveImage

Dear Community,

's fix for CaptureComponent2D_SaveImage is in newest build!

Also I am releasing my 2-day research project to you ! (My final solution took 5 min to figure out, but discovering the problem took much longer :slight_smile: ).

Here I am giving you the ability to convert a UTC Date into your local zone, at the of the execution of the code (not hardcoded in BP or anywhere).

node retrieves the local of your computer, and the current UTC , and uses that offset to take any UTC and convert it to your/the end user’s local zone!

is very important for any you can only get times in UTC but need a BP node to convert to the user’s local !

I needed for my Save System Plugin to allow people to get a File stamp in local !

And I am giving research of mine to you as part of Victory Plugin (source code is included in the complimentary download)

**C++ Code**

Here is the code I figured out to do  dynamic UTC to Local conversion in very succinct fashion!

Note I return by Reference for maximum memory efficiency :)

```

UFUNCTION(BlueprintPure, Category = "Save System|File IO")
static void UTCToLocal(const FDateTime& UTCTime, FDateTime& LocalTime)
{    
	//Turn UTC into local ♄ 
	FTimespan UTCOffset = FDateTime::Now() - FDateTime::UtcNow();
	LocalTime = UTCTime;
	LocalTime += UTCOffset;
	//♄ 
}

```

New Download for UE4 4.12 (55mb, Media Fire)

:heart: Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you :heart:

1. Win64 Development
  2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
  3. Win32 Development
  4. Win32 Shipping
  5. HTML5 Development
  6. HTML5 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

**Prior Engine Versions**

**4.11: **http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp91b9atphm2obt/VictoryPlugin11.zip

Donations can be sent to me via:

:heart:

Sounds like a prediction of the future!

I was also request to write way to Exec a process from BP.

On my to do list :slight_smile:

Hi, Hi ! Can you help me? I don’t understand how to enable snapping hotkeys mode? I am trying instructions on A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums, but unsuccesfully. UE just crushed.

Welcome to the forums!

New BP nodes for MD5 Hash File Verification, Verify your game’s downloaded patch files!

Dear Community,

I’ve just release 2 new nodes that help you to do MD5 file verification on your downloaded files!

What are MD5 Files For?

MD5 hashes of files enable you to verify the data integrity of files that your users download from the internet.

You generate your own MD5 from original file, and then distribute the MD5 file (1kb in size) to users along with the much larger download file.

After your user downloads your game’s patch files or other important files, then you can use my BP nodes to compare the downloaded file hash with the md5 you gave to the user, to verify the file’s integrity!
The result:**

With my BP nodes you have a way to check actual data integrity of a downloaded file, not just whether the and file size match, gives you binary data integrity verification powers :slight_smile:

**New Download for UE4 4.12 (55mb, Media Fire)**
https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

♄ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♄

1. Win64 Development
2. Win64 Shipping  **&lt;~~~~~~ NEW!**
3. Win32 Development
4. Win32 Shipping
4. HTML5 Development
5. HTML5 Shipping **&lt;~~~~~~ NEW!**

Please see my instructions for [Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game](https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?3851-(39)--s-Extra-Blueprint-Nodes-for-You-as-a-Plugin-No-C-Required!&p=476476&viewfull=1#post476476).

Prior Engine Versions

**4.11: **VictoryPlugin11

**Donations can be sent to me via:**
http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

♄

, I’m sorry, but I still don’t understand, how to enable snap mode in your plugin.
I have downloaded, and I correctly installed plugin and I have enabled it in Plugins in UE. But
 How can I enable snapping mode in viewport window?

Ahh sorry, please see these docs:

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/'s_Vertex_Snap_Editor_Plugin#Installation_of_VictoryEdEngine_for_Vertex_Snapping

You have to add the lines to your config file, DefaultEngine.ini, so that the engine knows where to find the custom editor mode :slight_smile:

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/'s_Vertex_Snap_Editor_Plugin#Installation_of_VictoryEdEngine_for_Vertex_Snapping

New BP Nodes, Create Process, Get Application Name from Process ID, Determine if Process is Running

Dear Community

True to my wish of empowering of you in Blueprints via my Victory BP library, these new nodes are VERY powerful!

With these nodes you can launch other applications of your choosing, with commandline arguments, right from BP!

You can even choose whether the application you launch should be detached and/or hidden.

1. Detached ~ Your UE4 app can close itself if Detached is true. If false, your UE4 app considers itself the parent of the created process and will wait until that child process finishes running before closing itself.

2. Hidden ~ If hidden, the process will run silently and undetectable to the user. Useful for background tasks that are not meant to distract from gameplay.

Software Design Consideration
Please use Detached + Hidden with consideration for your end user’s computer resources, as they wont be able to close the app if it is detached AND hidden.

I could not locate a way to end a process via process ID, only handles which are not BP exposeable. If people enjoy these nodes and would like it, I can make a BlueprintType exposed Process handle to enable additional features. So let me know if you are using these nodes!

**Get Application Name**

When you create a process through my BP node, you should save the resulting ProcessID as a var so that you can then verify it was created, and you can use  node to get the name back from the OS.

Is Application Running

If you launch a process and want to wait to perform other logic until you know that process has finished running, you can save to variable the Process ID from CreateProcess and use node to find out when your other app finishes running!

**More Power For You in BP**

Victory to You!

♄

New Download for UE4 4.12 (55mb, Media Fire)

:heart: Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you :heart:

1. Win64 Development
  2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
  3. Win32 Development
  4. Win32 Shipping
  5. HTML5 Development
  6. HTML5 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

**Prior Engine Versions**

**4.11: **http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp91b9atphm2obt/VictoryPlugin11.zip

Donations can be sent to me via:

OMG!!! you are the best!!

you saved my life!!!

Have you considered putting on marketplace without a fee? Might make updating easier

Hi,
Is there anything special I need to do to get the plugin to work. It’s in the plugin folder, and it shows up under Edit/Plugins/Installed. The plugin is enabled. But, I do not get any of the nodes in the blueprint editor. I am using the regular 4.12.5 Editor.

Thanks

Edit: So, it seems the plugin does not work on mac because of missing binaries. Do these binaries exist somewhere, or is it possible to easily rebuild them?

Edit: Ok, if anyone has the same, then the plugins can be rebuilt for mac by making an empty c++ unreal project, place the plugin into a Plugins folder, update and open xcode project (From within the unreal editor). Inside xcode, find the file VictoryBPLibrary.uplugin, and add “Mac” to WhitelistPlatforms. It originially only has “win64”, “Win32” and “HTML5”. You can then build the binaries using xcode.

k.

Dear @kjetilhj,

First of ,

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Welcome to the forums!

And second of ,

Thank you for sharing your research with everyone in thread!

That’s a great idea, but for one thing, if I did that then the support thread would likely move to the marketplace page and I prefer to keep the attention centralized in thread.

UE4 marketplace has a strict character limit on comments and subposts are posted in reverse order, making it kind of impossible for me to write the sort of length posts that I like to write. Not really an for marketplace intended usage, but I do think the questions would move over there causing a split I’d have to battle with constantly, to reply here for the loveliness of non-existant character limits :slight_smile:

Also it is not that hard at for me to update the plugin now that I have learned and used the UE4 marketplace C++ plugin workflow (I learned while making my Binary Compressed Save System plugin and Per Bone Melee Weapon plugin for UE4 marketplace) that automatically generates everything for me and in the proper format.

It is very nice to hear from you!

:slight_smile:

Hi,
Can you share some details on UE4 marketplace C++ plugin workflow, I am working on a plugin but I am not sure what are the requirements for the marketplace.

Hello, is there any update for the ReKeyBinding project compatible with ue4.12.

I experience some dificulties, can you help me ? (The button don’t focus)
ty

EDIT :

You need you to set the interaction in element by “mouse down”. (need improvement if you move the mouse or others)

Edit 2 : Finnaly achieved the conversion to 4.10 -> 4.12

follow here (can be buggy) : https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?119022–s-Key-system-4-12-problem

You are a GOD!
You add everything which EPIC simply didnt include! The very BASIC FUNCTIONALITY is now available for everybody without studying the Engine for months!

And i have a giant request which maybe takes you 5 minutes :smiley:
Dear sir, would you kindly add a very minor request to send and listen for UDP packets via blueprints? I know you’ve already provided the code for it. But i for myself (im a PHP programmer btw!) have a hard with Epic’s C++ implementations and would, like many others, love to use blueprints instead, which, I believe, is also the reason why awesome thread exists.

Greetings!