(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Dear KillerSneak,

I just finished writing and have now uploaded a new version of my plugin which includes a node to verify what OS is being used!

**Get OS Platform**

![OSGet.jpg|900x648](upload://eNzihXcczOhCUpPNreSTACtc4Vt.jpeg)

**Platforms you can check for:**

**Windows
Mac
Linux

PS4
XBoxOne

iOS
Android

HTML5

WIN RT
WIN RT ARM**

Enjoy!

Awesome, thanks for the release. Since Ill have the day off tomorrow I can have a look at your plugin library incl the above “**Get OS Platform”. **Again thanks for the update will be very useful.

Yay Glad to know that!

Let me know how it goes!

I dont have any other platforms to test with at the moment :slight_smile:

Hi thanks for the “**Get OS Platform” **node. It works like a charm and will be very useful for platform specific optimizations and functionality.

You’re welcome!

Glad it is working for you!

Yay!

Get Current Operating System

annnnd

Get Milliseconds/Seconds/Minutes/Hours Passed Since Previous Recorded!

These two nodes can be used to

1. obtain the current local Operating System for your computer.

2. obtain the amount of milliseconds/seconds/minutes/hours that have passed since the you recorded for the first node! You can stores as many times as you want! They are simply stored as a string!

You can use these two nodes to record down to the sub-millisecond the amount of passing between game events!

**The milliseconds portion is a float, so you can record far smaller than 1 millisecond!

In the attached picture I record the amount of real-world between two key presses :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

Get Difference Between Any Two Times

node calculates the difference in Milliseconds/Seconds/Minutes/Hours between any two times that you record using my node above!

Again you can save as many nodes as you want for use with node, I record the times as strings!

Enjoy!

Holy ****! I asked about just a couple of hours ago and you already finished it?! :eek: You are insane…

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Heeheee!

I did it while uploading my Says Hi From His Mech video!

says Hi From Inside His Mech! Video! - Game Development - Epic Developer Community Forums!

Is it just me, or does plugin not work with 4.2? I downloaded the latest plugin, and when I start my project, it says the project modules need to be recompiled. If I click yes, it says the game code couldn’t be compiled. Then another message pops up saying the Victory Plugin will not be used due to it being incompatible with 4.2/it needing to be recompiled. I only get message when I have the victory plugin enabled.

That is correct I have not updated the plugin yet, I will post when I do :slight_smile:

Wow well the compiling of both Vertex Snapping and the Victory BP Node Library

turned out to be very easy!

[COLOR="#0000FF"]My plugin is officially updated to 4.2 ![/COLOR]

https://d26ilriwvtzlb.cloudfront.net/a/a4/VictoryPlugin.zip

Featured Node

Trace for Closest Socket

Perform a trace against a mesh that will identify the closest socket to the trace hit location on the mesh!

8028a3610f7eacb2c5741fd27866b1d186fc6e6e.jpeg

I’m confused on how to get working. I see the menu in the top left corner, but fail to see any vertices when selecting a mesh. It doesn’t seem like any of the keys respond. Also, when reading through post, the Wiki says to add

[/Script/Engine.Engine]
UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine

But the forum posts shows

[/Script/Engine.Engine]
UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryBPLibrary.VictoryEdEngine

Which is it? The latter crashes my editor upon start.

is the correct one now:

“[/Script/Engine.Engine]
UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine”

it changed recently

I will update main post

regarding getting it to work

as soon as you select a static mesh actor, try hovering the mouse over various parts of the static mesh actor

do you see little squares lighting up at the vertex points?

you can cycle to a different display mode (see the ingame menu in upper left) to show more vertices

Get Difference Between Any Two Times

node calculates the difference in Milliseconds/Seconds/Minutes/Hours between any two times that you record using my node above!

Again you can save as many nodes as you want for use with node, I record the times as strings!

Enjoy!

Apparently, the large mesh I already had in the project before adding the plug-in didn’t seem to display them or function with it. When importing other meshes to play around with, I did see the verticies. So I’m not sure why it did that. Perhaps your plug-in doesn’t like large meshes?

Wow, is really awesome. Thanks so much for , many of these nodes are perfect for things I want to do.

If the mesh has more than 8000 vertices or some large number like that, then yes I do not display vertices as it is a drag on the cpu power at that point.

Hee hee you’re welcome!

:slight_smile:

Another request for you. At moment even version 4.2 of the engine only supports the iAds stuff (iOS) but not AdMob (Android) can you alter the 3 nodes to have a selection/drop down to choose what add provider needs to show? would be a great addition as imho it’s taking the Epic staff way to long to add one of the most important functions for indie developers.

Looking forward to your response.