(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Thx for the plugin !

**New Node

Get Static Mesh Vertex Locations!**

Dear CatchPhyre,

As per your request I have now made a node to get the rotated,scaled,translated positions of vertices of a static mesh!

** node is live in the current most recent plugin version!**

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Please refer carefully to my picture of how to set up node correctly!

**Pictures**

![560b4f2b24fb116ffc5c2ddfd4f04754501ad6c2.jpeg|967x742](upload://chbi83K9r7yN6RpDf900WV9lpJM.jpeg)

![75e2b513ac387b6a626ff0e14fe5743f8f3e6a2b.jpeg|1280x960](upload://gORA6cRKTZxgajgGapD8D7bjC2v.jpeg)

Enjoy!

PS

[QUOTE=Skuba;160985]
Thx for the plugin !
[/QUOTE]

You're welcome!

**[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Congrats on your first post, welcome to the forums!**

:)

Hey thanks for awesome plugin! It didn’t work as is in UE 4.5. I only had to make two tiny updates to get it working. If anyone’s interested in downloading it until posts a newer version, you can find it at https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin45.zip

My thoughts exactly, hence the suggestion. That way i can actually use based BPs.

I really hope functions in structures and structure inheritance will be added in the future for BP.

Okay Thommie I will work on getting Spawn UObject node soon!

**New Visitors**

Make sure you see that I just released a node to get  the vertex locations of any static mesh component!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?3851-(39)--s-Extra-Blueprint-Nodes-for-You-as-a-Plugin-No-C-Required!&p=161019&viewfull=1#post161019

Lots of cool stuff, and many times when I look stuff up I end up either fully or partly in a piece of text or tutorial you wrote.
I actually read trough blueprint library post just to make sure I don’t start creating features that you already provide. :slight_smile:

Also I will probably use your refers on how to write editor plugins to adapt the editor more to my personal projects.

Thanks for the information and help you provide around the forum.

Thanks for sharing with everyone StoneJonez!

:slight_smile:

I will do an official 4.5 build once 4.5 comes out!

Great to hear from you TheSpaceMan!

You’re welcome, hee hee!

~~

**2 New Nodes For You

Create UObject

Create Primitive Component, Added to Scene at Location!**

These two nodes let you create UObjects at runtime!

Please note you absolutely must save off the return value to a variable or UE4 will Garbage Collect your new UObject within a short!

Please especially note that if you create a Primitive Component, I actually add it to the world for you so it is visible and has collision!

**C++ Code For You**

Here's the code!

```

UObject* UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::**CreateObject**(UObject* WorldContextObject,UClass* TheObjectClass, FName Name)
{
	if(!TheObjectClass) return NULL;
	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//using a context  to get the world!
    UWorld* const World = GEngine->GetWorldFromContextObject(WorldContextObject);
	if(!World) return NULL;
	//~~~~~~~~~~~

return StaticConstructObject( TheObjectClass, World, Name);
}

```

```

UPrimitiveComponent* UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::**CreatePrimitiveComponent**(
	UObject* WorldContextObject, 
	TSubclassOf<UPrimitiveComponent> CompClass, 
	FName Name,
	FVector Location, 
	FRotator Rotation
){
	if(!CompClass) return NULL;
	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//using a context  to get the world!
    UWorld* const World = GEngine->GetWorldFromContextObject(WorldContextObject);
	if(!World) return NULL;
	//~~~~~~~~~~~

UPrimitiveComponent* NewComp = ConstructObject<UPrimitiveComponent>( CompClass, World, Name);
	if(!NewComp) return NULL;
	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NewComp->SetWorldLocation(Location);
	NewComp->SetWorldRotation(Rotation);
	NewComp->RegisterComponentWithWorld(World);

return NewComp;
}

```

♄

if could create a node that allows procedural spawning of actors into sub-levels it would be much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Right now it is hard to (procedurally) take advantage of streaming in a BP only project because the nodes that spawn do so only in the persistent level and not the stream-able sub-levels.

For instance, I spawn 2 extra maps in the persistent level to simulate my world wrap, and that means up to 200,000 additional meshes in the world that I would prefer to stream in when you are actually looking at them.

Thanks for any help you can provide! :slight_smile:

New BP Node For You ! (And Everyone Else!)

node will spawn an actor from a class into a sublevel of your choosing!

**Download Link**

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Ease of Use

You can simply enter the name of the sublevel!

**Bonus**

I've created a node that returns an array of the names of  levels that are currently loaded and visible!

In  way you can figure out what exact name to use with my SpawnActorInLevel node!

File Size Reduction

I reduced the file size of my plugin dramatically by removing the debug files. Plugin will still package great!

And now the plugin is < 500kb in size.

So the most recent upload is actually a valid file!

Enjoy!

:heart:

Awesome! :slight_smile: As soon as I wrap up a few systems I am working on I will re-acquaint myself with the World Browser!

thanks for these great nodes :slight_smile:

im having trouble creating my own plugin from the available tutorials, seems im missing something possibly so i have been adding to yours.
since you update so often it is not ideal as everything i do is lost in the update, so,
is there any way i could see a simplified version of a plugin like yours, maybe with just 1 node or something so i can compare to my failed attempts and see what i did wrong or missed.

thanks, amazing work btw

edit:
just seen StoneJonez version, i wonder if it has something to do with me using 4.5 for my own plugin tests

For the record, I literally only changed two lines of code to get it working in 4.5. What’s happening when you try to get yours working?

Hi

I have tryed to install your plugin, but it doesn’t work.

I followed instruction:

1. download my editor / BP plugin and put in a directory directly off of your main project directory called “Plugins”

spelling must be exact

1. Load UE4 editor and go to Windows->Plugins

2. Find my plugin and make sure it is checked as being active

3. maybe double check #3

4. close the editor.

5. go to YourProject/Config/DefaultEngine.ini

6. add these lines:

[/Script/Engine.Engine]
UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine

1. Load UE4 Editor again

2. click on any static mesh actor

3. You should now see the Victory Editor HotKeys button in the top left

4. If you hover mouse over title area any, you can get the list of hotkeys

5. Enjoooy!

But I don’t see Victory Editor HotKeys button in the top left and if I press the V key nothing appen.

is my DefaultEngine.ini file

GameName=TestVictoryPlugin

[/Script/EngineSettings.GameMapsSettings]
GameDefaultMap=/Game/Maps/Example_Map
EditorStartupMap=/Game/Maps/Example_Map
GlobalDefaultGameMode=/Game/Blueprints/MyGame.MyGame_C

[/Script/Engine.Engine]
+ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName=“TP_ThirdPersonBP”,NewGameName=“/Script/TestVictoryPlugin”)
+ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName=“/Script/TP_ThirdPersonBP”,NewGameName=“/Script/TestVictoryPlugin”)

Thank you for your help. :slight_smile:

Hi there! Yea happy to help, but why did you feel you need the latest version the? The core structure hasn’t changed much over the different engine versions. Can you give me better sense of what you are keeping what you are removing? Will work on a general plugin template at some point :slight_smile:

**Stone Jonez Thou Art Selected**

[QUOTE=StoneJonez;162313]
For the record, I literally only changed two lines of code to get it working in 4.5. What's happening when you try to get yours working?
[/QUOTE]

Haha there's no other than I've never tried because I dont have preview versions of the engine. I am working about 5 different projects  of which are on 4.4 and I have 3 versions of the engine on my computer already :)

So! 

Guess what!

You are selected StoneJonez!

Should you wish to be, you can be the official preview version Victory BP Library person (OPVVBLP)!

Should you wish to bear the honorary title of OPVVBLP, you could be the one to maintain preview versions of the Victory BP plugin! You could add  to a subsection of my wiki page and also I will make a space for it in my main original post in  thread :)

:)

You will have to post your DefaultEngine.ini config file.

And do you see the Victory BP Library when you go to Windows->Plugins? Does it show up there at the very bottom of list?

Also, someone mentioned that non-github 4.4.3 has problems with plugins somehow

Are you on 4.4.3 and using only the non-github of 4.4.3 ?

I’d say wait till 4.5 and we will address the matter then ( a few days from now)

thanks
i have been using 4.2 until recently when i downloaded 4.5 preview. i use the ones from github so i can test html5 and have the source available, so why not get the latest.

the things i added to your plugin were specific to the tests i was doing at the and probably no use to anyone else. it was just easier to add them in there as my plugin attempts failed.
ill have another go at a plugin at some point, if i see the error i was making ill be sure to let people know.

That’s quite an acronym! I have no problem with that! I actually have your newest update working in 4.5 too, but I’m not at the right computer at the moment. I’ll post it up tomorrow night (or morning, if I have enough before work).

New Plugin For Community and You Tegleg!

I’ve posted a plugin template that you should find quite easy to adapt to your needs!

It is a fully functional plugin sample, containing some nodes that I found useful for doing AI coding in Blueprints.

But the main purpose is to give you a plugin template to use however you like!

Enjoy!

's AI Plugin Template
https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Plugin,_Functional_Code_Template_For_You

[QUOTE=StoneJonez;162780]
That's quite an acronym! I have no problem with that! I actually have your newest update working in 4.5 too, but I'm not at the right computer at the moment. I'll post it up tomorrow night (or morning, if I have enough before work).
[/QUOTE]

Let me know when you have the link you'd like me to put on the wiki in your own section "Preview Versions"

and in my original post of  thread!

GameName=TestVictoryPlugin

[/Script/EngineSettings.GameMapsSettings]
GameDefaultMap=/Game/Maps/Example_Map
EditorStartupMap=/Game/Maps/Example_Map
GlobalDefaultGameMode=/Game/Blueprints/MyGame.MyGame_C

[/Script/Engine.Engine]
+ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName=“TP_ThirdPersonBP”,NewGameName=“/Script/TestVictoryPlugin”)
+ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName=“/Script/TP_ThirdPersonBP”,NewGameName=“/Script/TestVictoryPlugin”)

Yes I see Victory BP Library at the bottom of the list.

I use the 4.5.0 non-gthub version

Good news :slight_smile:

I tried to use “'s AI Plugin Template” (I have put the folder in the plugin folder inside unreal 4.5 folder) and I receive error: "Plugin VictoryAI failed to load because module “VictosyAI"mdoes not appear to be compatible with the current version of the engine”