(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Victory Plugin Source Code

The latest source code is included in every download of my plugin from the links I include in my posts!

I have not had to update the Git in addition to every other step involved in releasing a new victory plugin version.

You can always find the latest source code in the plugin download itself!

:slight_smile:

In your build cs (either plugin or project level depending where you wrote your code), you have to add a public dependency to ā€œHTTPā€,

Then that code should compile fine

:slight_smile:

Animated Vertex Locations

Dear Community,

node lets you obtain the actual animated positions of a character, taking frame rate and physics/visual update into account!

**Latest plugin download on the UE4 Wiki: (7.16 mb) **
https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

**Plugin Release Dates and UE4 Engine Versions**
https://wiki.unrealengine.com/%27s_Vertex_Snap_Editor_Plugin#Plugin_Release_Dates_and_UE4_Engine_Versions

Victory Plugin Binaries for Packaged Games

**Donations**

Donations can be sent to me via:
http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Enjoy!

:)

![AnimatedVertexLocations.jpg|1280x960](upload://xif0tb713gyoLicF4HX0LQGUChw.jpeg)

![AnimatedVertexLocations2.jpg|1280x960](upload://7R9xFuIwIbZiD46nmLHl54K8r57.jpeg)

![AnimatedVertexLocations3.jpg|1280x960](upload://cfEH9JuoDvsoTKEtoJEj4XuyR2L.jpeg)

What if you would only update your plugin once for a preview and only upload the editor version or only the source? You would add new nodes only to the stable one, and never touch the preview version again (unless Epic changes some C++ functions in a new preview that would make your plugin not compile). So you would only have to upload one single version once when Preview 1 is released.

Have you ever seen anyone who wants to do serious development on a Preview release? I think I made very clear that I only need your plugin to work with the Preview to be able to test the preview with a copy of my project and report new bugs to Epic so that they are fixed once I switch my real project to the new stable version. And I think is how everyone handles it, since is what previews should be used for :cool:

Epic said 4.11 will be released in March, so its still quite a while, way more than a few days :slight_smile:

I can get Victory running fine on my mac - with a little adjustment. probably wonā€™t like solution butā€¦

There are a couple of functions where thereā€™s an error about a class not being allowed to return a ā€˜Falseā€™ bool - I think itā€™s some node which finds sockets on a character or something. My solution - because I never use these nodes - is to just comment out the class from the .h and the .cpp files.

also applies to compiling for 4.11 For my purposes I just commented out the functions which didnā€™t work - itā€™s a bit of a nasty hack, but it works perfectly for me as I donā€™t use these character based nodes.

Get your hands a bit dirty is my suggestion! I keep tinkering hoping Iā€™ll suddenly understand C++ (It hasnā€™t happened yet)

What would probably help is a copy of the error messages from X-code. I think itā€™s only about 3 classes which return error about bools (for Mac 4.10).

ā€¦ I just download the latest version and I see is the binaries directory. But, Iā€™ve got an older version that has a source directory. Am I missing something? Thanks.

teak

Cosign.

Far be it from me to look a gift plugin in the mouth, and however wants to do what he does is fine by me because itā€™s a marvelous gift to get.

But ifā€”IFā€”the is the work spent updating/maintaining the plugin on two separate branches, I would THINK (again, not the expert here) that doing a single preview-compatible release just once when the preview first drops, and then just ignoring it, without worrying about keeping it updated with the rest of the main Victory Branch (until it gets replaced with the most recent Victory Plugin once the release goes official), would satisfy the general desire to test projects for bugs in preview releases without adding a particularly large amount of workload on your end, .

So donā€™t go

4.10 ------------------------ 4.11
           \4.11p--------------/

Go

4.10 ------------------------ 4.11
           \4.11p-

Theoretically avoids the maintenance work.

Again, just a thought, I would not presume to instruct how to provide us with a gift like the Victory Library if thatā€™s not how he wants to do it.

Sry but Iā€™m about to go nuts. I canā€™t get to work. Is there a new installation guide for 4.10 version of UE? In my windows tab I donā€™t have a ā€œPluginsā€?

Detilium,

Make a folder in your project folder called ā€˜Pluginsā€™
Copy the VictoryPlugin folder into folder (not the zip file, but the contents of it)
Right click on your project file (With the 'blue ā€˜Uā€™ icon) and select ā€˜Generate Visual Studio Filesā€™
Open the solution file (ends with a .sln) - VS will open (make sure youā€™ve installed first)
Make sure at the top youā€™ve got ā€˜Development Editorā€™ and ā€˜Win64ā€™ selected.
In the right hand pane, beneath ā€˜Gamesā€™ (not ā€˜Engineā€™), right click on your project name and choose ā€˜Buildā€™
When itā€™s built you can close VS and start your project from the launcher or wherever.

Hi ,

Is there a C++ version of ? The file unzips to a Windows binary - I am on a Mac. Iā€™ve been trying to write some simple code to attach a camera to a pawn, take pictures from the camera and save them to disk. I canā€™t find anything in forums or Github that shows me how to do . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe you downloaded my PackagedBinaries instead of the actual UE4 Editor plugin which includes the source :slight_smile:

Correct link for source code:

[QUOTE=Dannington;472200]
What would probably help is a copy of the error messages from X-code.  I think it's only about 3 classes which  return  error about bools (for Mac 4.10).

[/QUOTE]

Yes that is exactly what would help me, someone can PM me the XCode error list, I can update the 4.11 version to fix the xcode errors.

I fixed emscripten errors for HTML builds recently.

See my next post!

Happy Valentines Day!

4.11 Upgrade ~ Happy Valentines Day!

Dear Community,

As per popular request I have upgraded my plugin to 4.11 preview!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Happy Valentines Day!

(post is a little late cause it took a long to do the upgrade)

**Download Link:**

**Victory Plugin 4.11 For Editor (7.23MB)**

Git Update!

I have updated my Victory Plugin Github to 4.11

I would like to take opportunity to thank community member Stormwind for inspiring the setup of Git version!

**4.10 vs 4.11**

To resolve the of having to support two versions, I have concluded that **my last supported plugin version for 4.10 is February 6th.**

future plugin releases will be for 4.11, preview or full release.

4.11 Known Issues

Please note that 4.11 has not been released yet and my support of 4.11 is in beta just like 4.11 is.

A few things have changed in 4.11 preview:

1. Packaging Victory Plugin requires ability to compile C++.

If you can compile C++ via Visual Studio 2015, then hereā€™s how you package the plugin:

a. In visual studio,** rebuild** for your chosen build, such as Development (Game) x64
b. Load editor and package game for your chosen build, such as Development x64

Again please note you have to first compile for your correct final build in Visual Studio itself.

Reason: The plugin intermediate folder is not optional and is not regenerated within the Editor during packaging. I cant include it in the wiki file links since it is 135mb of stuff. Intermediate folder is supposed to be optional, and was until 4.9/4.10. I presume it is a bug that currently UE4 does not regenerate the plugin intermediate folder if it is missing, and will have to consult with Epic once 4.11 is released to see if has been addressed, as it would affect every C++ plugin that was put on the marketplace.

My life will be easier once plugins are officially on the marketplace and the way in which BP-only users can package C++ plugins has been fully ironed out.

**EDIT: **Solution currently is to move the plugin to the Engine folder: How To Package Victory Plugin

Because 4.11 is in Beta/preview, I can only presume fix is on the way.

So please note thereā€™s nothing I can do presently to resolve matter of requiring C++ to package for 4.11, and you should not expect to be able to package Victory Plugin for 4.11 unless you have Visual Studio 2015 or are willing to give C++ compiling a try :slight_smile:

If you are, you can download Visual Studio 2015 here:

Please note you want the Community version.

**Technical**

Please note that Classes folder was removed, I am using only Public/Private now which compiles faster.

Internal code structure of the plugin has been updated to 4.11 standards.

Summary:

Have fun playing with my Victory Plugin in 4.11 !

**Donations**

Donations can be sent to me via:
http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Enjoy!

Donated - with great appreciation.

Awesome! Thanks :smiley:

Unfortunately, I canā€™t see the new version in the Wiki. I only see the old version from 6th February, and it does not work in 4.11, gives me errors if I try to compile it.

A ā€œlittleā€ request: Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s within the engine already or not, but I would be happy to see a delay node with a float output of how much is remaining on the delay. I hope itā€™s ok that I ask for that ^^

Greetings,

Seeing as I needed the functionality and your ISM PR has been sitting untouched for almost a year now, I went ahead and converted it into a editor plugin which can be found here: /Web-eWorks/ISMPlugin. Figured I should let you know, as most of the important code is yours. Currently itā€™s a little buggy, but I plan to fix it up to a production-ready state.

Is there any template available to make a plugin?

Hello/everyone

Iā€™m trying to get the closest actor of my variable type and set it to it, using the Closest Actor in Radius node but I canā€™t get it to work.

I feel like should be something I already know but I canā€™t figure it out. Why is the actor class Iā€™m feeding into it not compatible with itself? Iā€™m making sure Iā€™ve selected the correct type by plugging it in instead of choosing from the list, but it wonā€™t connect up. Iā€™ve tried a bunch of nodes in between them as well but they donā€™t connect either.

Does anyone know how it works?

Cheers.

rama_radius.png

So, Iā€™m now dealing with the whole ā€œmost recent version of Victory Plugin isnā€™t showing in the Wiki download pageā€ issue.

Anybody got a mirror of the 4.11 preview release? Or know of a way to force that page to update and display the most recent file?

EDIT: Well, the file Iā€™ve GOT says that itā€™s 7.23 MB (not the 7.17 listed for the 02/06 file) and also is listing ā€œmodifiedā€ dates for the Binaries as being made on 02/15 (at 4AM) and only includes the Win64 development build.

So one would think that is actually the right FILE, even though itā€™s still not working with 4.11 Preview 5