New C++ SteamVR project on Mobile / Tablet hardware fails to link

Build Type: Binary from Unreal Launcher

Build version: 4.14.1-3224400

Detailed description of the issue: When following the setup steps in the SteamVR documents [here][1] and choosing a C++ project, as opposed to a Blueprint project, the initial compile and link of the project fails with the attached error.

Screenshots/Link to video:

119396-linkerror.png

Repro Steps

Create a new Basic Code C++ project.

Select Mobile / Tablet for the hardware.

Select Scalable 2D / 3D.

Select No Starter Content.

Name your project “SteamVR”

Select Create Project.

The initial compile and link of the project will fail with the attached error.

This issue occurs 100% of the time if you name your project “SteamVR”

Hey -

The SteamVR documents link leads to a dead link. Are you referring to this page (https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Platforms/SteamVR/QuickStart/index.html) ? If so, at what point are you getting the error message you mentioned? When attempting to follow your reproduction steps, I did not get any error after clicking the Create Project button. Instead Visual Studio opened and I was able to compile the project for DevlopmentEditor / Win64 and then open the project successfully. Let me know if I’m misunderstanding the process you’re using. Additionally, are you using any third party plugins as SteamVR is not meant to target mobile platforms?

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Platforms/SteamVR/QuickStart/2/index.html

Yes, this is the document.

I’m getting the error immediately after hitting create project during the initial project compile and linkage. This error did not repro for me after I successfully built a C++ SteamVR project targeting Desktop hardware.

I am not using any additional 3rd party software. This was a fresh install of UE4 through the Unreal Launcher and this was the first project I attempted to create.

I have attempted to repro this on my side a few times. It turns out that it is a 100% repro for me only if you name the project “SteamVR”.

Hey -

Thank you for submitting a bug report. I have reproduced this issue and logged a report for it here Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-40011) . Since this is specific to the project having the name SteamVR, it appears to be a conflict of file names with engine SteamVR files. Giving the project another name should allow you to create the project without running into this error. You can track the report’s status as the issue is reviewed by our development staff. Please be aware that this issue may not be prioritized or fixed soon.

Cheers