Network replication of item pick up: Client stops before item

I have problems replicating picking up an item with the default “third person character”.

I have created a blueprint for a pick up item, which is a DestructibleComponent with a BoxCollision and a Cube. The item is set to “replicated” and all collision is set to “trigger”. Picking up the item is implemented in “Actor begin overlap”.

This works fine on the server and is also replicated to the client, but the client somehow thinks it is not allowed for the character to move through the item. I don’t know why, there is no setting which prevents moving through the item. On the server the player can move through without problems, and the item is replicated…

If I move within the item on the server, on the client the character will stop before and then “jump into” the item. As soon as I move a little bit, the client will again jump outside the item and get back in as soon as the character stops on the server.

It seems that the client side prediction is broken here. How can I prevent that the client sees the item as blocking movement?

Any help would be appreciated.

I think I have found the cause of this issue, but I still don’t understand. It seems that the “Set Actor Enable Collision” property of an actor is not replicated. If I disable collision on the server, it will still be “somehow” enabled on the client. This is weird. Is this a bug?

The “Set Actor Enable Collision” property is not replicated, even if the actor is replicated. Since no one else commented on this, this seems to be intended behaviour.

On a side note: It is not intended behaviour, as there is a bug for it: Set Actor Enable Collision not replicated - Programming & Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums UE-18622 Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-18622)