Calling Get[AxisName] in blueprint breaks existing axis bindings

We have our character setup to handle input in our C++ character class using InputComponent->BindAxis. While working on a new feature in blueprint, I added a call to GetMoveRight (MoveRight being the name of the input axis). Doing so breaks the binding in the C++ class, making it so we no longer move.

This seems like a bug to me. If it is, do you have a workaround? If it’s not, can you please provide me with the correct solution for getting the current value of an input axis from within a blueprint function?

Thanks for the help.

Hey Dan,

I’ve entered a bug for the input being consumed when calling the Get[AxisMapping] node in blueprints which can be viewed here: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-34812)

As a workaround, I was able to create a public float variable in code that, at the beginning of my bound function, would set the variable to the value being passed into the function. I was then able to reference this variable rather than the Get node for the axis.

Cheers

Doug Wilson

Thanks, Doug. I was able to find a workaround in a similar fashion, the only difference is that I’m listening to the Axis Event and saving the value there. I appreciate the response.