[Not able to Open Project anymore]4.12 Bug with Planar Reflection

Well… i updated my Project to 4.12, was not a really good Idea,… I was add a Planar reflection in my Scene, now i cant Open anymore my Project…

And yeah its 100% the Planar Reflection, Because there wasnt a Problem whitout them,but now i cant do anything.

It crashes when try to Open -

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:435]
UE4Editor_Engine!FReflectionTextureCubeResource::InitRHI() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\reflectioncapturecomponent.cpp:703]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderResource::InitResource() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderresource.cpp:31]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!TGraphTask<BeginInitResource'::2’::EURCMacro_InitCommand>::ExecuteTask() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:999]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:932]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:679]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:319]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:440]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:74]

Thats the Log

Maybe someone can help me?

Thanks!

KS

Hey KuroSekaie,

Make a copy of you project first, and then try deleting your Config, Saved, and Intermediate folders in your projects directory to see if that clears up your issue.

Could you provide me with your system’s ‘dxdiag’ so I can take a look at your specifications?

There is currently a bug entered for Planar Reflections causing a crash and the callstack shares some similarities with your own. If I can get a case in which to reproduce this issue on my end, we can increase the verbosity of the bug report and get a fix in place.

As alchamers mentioned, there was a bug entered and it was returned as ‘By Design’. The engine needs to recompile shaders for the entire project which is expected to take some time. You can view the issue and the final outcome by following the link below.

UE-30348

Thank you,

Sure,why not,btw the Solution was to lower the “Reflection Resolution” on Render Tab.

Thanks for the Help!

link text

I had the same thing happen to to me today, it hung while restarting the engine for a really long time. I waited it out ant it worked fine in the end. For anyone else finding that the editor just becomes unresponsive, might want to take a break for a bit and see if it sorts itself out.