How to get Vive Playspace?

I know how to get the Chaperone bounds but they are rather useless since they only mark the safe area. What I need is the actual rectangle Playspace which is also rotated in the grid. I can’t find any blueprint node for it, how could I get the playspace?

Hello Davision,

Currently the Get Bounds node does not seem to be returning the actual bounds. There is a bug report in our system for this (UE-29341). I will update the report to increase the community interest in this issue.

Have a great day

What bounds does it return currently? Just to clarify: Currently it is only Get Bounds of SteamVRChaperone but what I need is something like Get Bounds of SteamVRPlaySpace. Blue lines are Chaperone bounds, green rectangle is playspace: HTC Vive - Chaperone Area (teal) & Play Area (green) - Imgur
That play space should then also be rotated in the grid in UE4, like a placed box with no rotation.

Getting the play bounds is something that was just recently added to the OpenVR SDK, so unfortunately it’s not something we have support for just yet.

After speaking to our developers, I’ve found out that you can do this yourself by calling VRChaperone->( HmdQuad_t *rect ) in the FSteamVRHMD implementation if you do not want to wait for it to be integrated into the engine.

Have a great day