Progress Bar Filling Issue

Hello,

I tried different fill modes for the progress bar, and with the Fill From Center I had a trouble.

Instead of cropping the fill picture it scales it.

The first picture shows the progress bar working well ( Left to Right, but it works also for Right to Left, Bottom to Top and Top to Bottom ).

The second picture shows when the progress bar does not work. ( With Fill From Center )

I hope this issue was not already reported.
Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I had the trouble on a 2D Side Scroller C++ project, but the screenshots was taken on a new Blank Blueprint project with only the widget and two textures used for the progress bar.

The first time I saw this issue it was on 4.9, but it still there on 4.10.

Have a nice day.

Hello Lilyël,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints that may be involved with this issue?

Hello,

Thanks for answering me.

Like I said in my post, I can reproduce it in a clean project.

First I create a blank project, after I create a Widget Blueprint and import two textures.
I open my Widget Blueprint, drag and drop a Progress Bar from the Palette.
I set the Background Image and the Fill Image with my textures. I set them as Image in Draw As.
After that, I set the Percent in Progress to see the filling.
Then I set Bar Fill Type to Fill From Center.

I put a link of each steps if it helps.

Hope I was more explicit this time.

Have a nice day =).

http://imgur.com/a/mKEh9

I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report ( UE-24904) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for you time and information.

Make it a great day

Ok, now in september 2017 this is still happening, has that been fixed at all ?

Hello T0t4r4,

I have provided a link to the public tracker. Please feel free to use the link provided for future updates.

Link: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-24904)

Make it a great day

Thanks Rudy, but does it means that this problem will be at one point in time sorted out ?

Currently it appears our resources are dedicated elsewhere. We don’t have a timeframe for when this may be addressed. Please keep in mind that with source code access, a programmer on your project can implement your own solution, and you are welcome to share that result with Epic for possible integration.

I implemented a fix in the current codebase and will submit a pull-request

See fix in action on this video.

Hello, since its been over 3 years and this bug has not fixed/resolved and the original pull request from above is closed due to not following the Unreal style guide. I have submitted my pull request for this fix. Please somebody from epic integrate/take a look at it.

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/7485