TextRenderer Bounds not updating

Hi, I was trying to make a text-block actor and was using the Get Component Bounds function to calculate the size of the TextRenderer to know if I should make a new line or not.

I noticed that if I set the text by using SetText the bounds were not updated. Since there is no UpdateBounds function like in the C++ API I assume it’s a bug that the bounds aren’t updated.

If you set the text through the editor the bounds are updated correctly.

Hi,

1. Yes

2. I chose an empty project.
    a. create an actor

b. add a text render component to that actor

c. Set text through the SetText function to something shorter/longer

d. Get component bounds box extent still has old values.

if you change the text through the editor where you set things like text, text material, font the bounds are updated correctly.

1. Here is the screenshot I have to do the size calculation of the textrender.

Hello Hope!,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed set of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide a screen shot of any blueprints/ code that may be involved with this issue?

Hello Hope!,

I was able to reproduce the issue that you are seeing on your end. However this is due to another issue ( UE-21254). If you place a delay just before the second print string you will notice that the change in size will then be reflect in the print out. I hope that this information helps.

Make it a great day

Is there an alternative for the construction script?