Nav mesh rebuilding doesn't work

Hi,

I am experiencing constant problems with nav mesh rebuilding. After rebuild nav mesh looks exactly the same as before, no changes at all. I am attaching two movies and You can see that I trigger nav mesh rebuild in two different ways, but in either it doesn’t work and there is still hole in nav mesh.

movies link

cheers

Hello Buyaka,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed set of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Was the project that is experiencing this issue upgraded from an older version of the engine?

Hello Buyaka,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.

Hi Rudy,

sory for delay. This is repro steps for You:

1. Create new project from “blank” template
  2. Add new blueprint, inherit it from “pawn” class
  3. Open blueprint, add static mesh component. In this component add any mesh
  4. Add nav mesh bounds volume to the scene. Make shure it encompass floor object
  5. Add newly created blueprint to the scene. Place it on the floor. Make shure it cuts hole in nav mesh
  6. Once again open blueprint, go to static mesh component and in “details” panel set “can ever affect navigation” to false.
  7. Save all. Rebuild nav mesh. You can see that hole created in point 5 does not disappear (it should since we set “can ever affect navigation” to false)

cheers.

Hello Buyaka,

I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report ( UE-21090) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your time and information

Make it a great day