Can't scroll character BP while on breakpoint

I have breakpoints set in the character BP. When tripped, execution pauses and the correct node within my function is displayed in the editor and the SIMULATING watermark is displayed over the editor.

However the debugger UI is much too limited now. I can’t edit the breakpoint (RMB is non-functional over all nodes) and I can’t scroll the editor. Zoom with the mouse is working but the editor doesn’t respond to dragging - which is a real drag.

Also can’t modify breakpoints or scroll any other Event Graph or function while on a breakpoint.

Hello DavidBN,

I was unable to reproduce this issue on our end. I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed set of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints that may be involved with this issue?
  4. Was this project upgraded from an older version of the engine?

Yes - with clean project.

a) Create third person project from template.

b) To the character bp event graph, add a node for key press on letter B. Wire up a Print node and set breakpoint on this.

c) In Project Settings | Engine Input - turn on Use Mouse For Touch.

d) Run project

e) Press B. Notice that the Event Graph will scroll and maybe zoom automatically as it centers on the breakpoint. Try to drag graph around - it should work.

f) Click Resume. Repeat steps E and F a few times.

g) Now Press B and don’t attempt to interact with the graph. Click Resume. Press B. Repeat this until you see no automatic movement (zoom or scroll) of the graph.

h) Now try dragging the graph or getting the RMB debug menu to display. With this bug it shouldn’t work if the event graph did not budge when the breakpoint was activated.

Enjoy - took a few hours to nail this down.

Hello DavidBN,

I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report (UE-20254) and I have submitted to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your information and time.

Make it a great day