Material Compiling Errors with Mac and Translucent SSR

I have a Water Material that uses the new translucent SSR Feature. On a Windows machine all is fine. When compiling this Material on a Mac I get the following Erros:

[SM4] error: no matching function for call to 'reversebits(uint)'
[SM4] error: LHS of shift operator must be an integer or integer vector

It is OK when I cannot use this feature on Mac but it should deactivate unsupported features automatically.
Is there any workaround for this?

I’m using UE 4.8.1

Hi -

Can you post your Material Setup? I am not getting any errors on a Mac using Translucent SSR. Also are the error messages that you are getting in the Material Editor or the Message Log for the Project itself?

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Hi user37337,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you -

Eric Ketchum

I’m getting the same thing. Happens whenever I check the “Screen space reflections” box on a translucent material using the Surface TranslucencyVolume lighting mode. Also on a mac, running UnrealEngine 4.8.2.

Dangit, thought I was going to get decent translucent materials for a second there.

Hey systmh,

After some investigation and testing on my end, I discovered that SSR with Translucency is limited to the SM5 Shader model. With that being said, this issue has already been reported and fixed internally UE-17817. This fix will be implemented in an upcoming release, and we appreciate you taking the time to report the issue.

Cheers,

Thank you very much!