Editor crashes on spawning actor which is replicated

I’m working with third person blueprint example level, and I’m attempting to fire projectiles over multiplayer.
Everything here uses blueprints, no C++.
However, whenever I call SpawnActor on my projectile blueprint (which is replicated, so it should appear in both windows) entire editor crashes.
It does however, allow my two characters to run around without issue, and they are both replicated properly across two windows.

I’ve cut down my code to eliminate any possible problems that don’t have to do with simply spawning a replicated actor, I’ve tried removing projectile component, static mesh, and using default CubeMaterial.

If I remove replication from projectile, there are no crashes, and similarly, if I run only 1 player (with or without replication) there is no crash.

As far as I can tell this is similar to bug UE-15637 which can be found at Unreal Engine 4.8 Preview - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums, and in detail here: 4.7.6 Crash when replicating blueprints - Blueprint - Epic Developer Community Forums

Are there any steps I can take to fix this, or is it simply impossible to spawn replicated actors with version I’m using?

Hi Nuvasuper,

I haven’t been able to reproduce a crash with Projectile Components. You linked to another post about a crash, but that one involves replicating blueprints that were created a certain way; are you converting a Static Mesh into a Blueprint using Blueprint/Add Script button, as reported in that post?

Please find log for project after this crash occurs, and /attach it here. You can find this in your project’s Saved\Logs folder.

Additionally, if you can give me some exact steps to reproduce this in a new project, that would be very helpful. You mentioned doing this in a Third Person template project, so what would I need to create to recreate issue here? Please provide as many details as you can.

Thanks!

I managed to fix this issue by changing which actor I’m attempting to spawn. I eventually made new actor blueprint virtually identical to original projectile I was attempting to spawn, so I’m still unsure what was causing crash.

Glad you got it working! If this happens again and you’re able to provide information requested above, please let us know. Thanks!