Macro accessing variable from another Actor causes crash only in Standalone

I have some default data set as an array of variables in my GameMode blueprint.

Also set up a macro to access and return this data, so it is available to any other blueprint.

If you preview game in Standalone mode, when trying to access data returned via macro game crashes. However it works fine in any other type of preview mode or doing a exe build and launch.

Was able to reproduce in a new ThirdPerson BP template.

Hi ,

Can you show me your array setup in GameMode and Macro’s graph so I can try to reproduce issue here? If you would also and attach log from your project after this crash occurs, that would be great. Thanks!

Hi ,

We haven’t heard back from you in a while, so I’m resolving this post for tracking purposes. If you’re still crashing when accessing a variable from an Actor from a Macro, please provide more details as requested above and we’ll keep looking into it. Thanks!

[Crashlog][1]

Thanks! This looks very similar to a bug that was fixed in 4.7.4 (11011). Which version of 4.7 are you using? If it’s 4.7.6, I may need to reopen bug report.

Yeah, I’m on 4.7.6

Thanks!

Thanks ! I was able to reproduce this in 4.7.6 with information you’ve provided, as well as in our internal build. I’ve created a bug report for crash (UE-16707), and I’ll let you know when I see any update on it. Thanks again!

Hi ,

Looks like this has already been fixed in our main internal build. We will probably see fix included in next major release (likely 4.9). Thanks again!