Packed game crashes (Rendering thread exception)

Hello,

I just packed my project ( I wanted to test network code on the network).
The platform is win64, I use unreal engine 4.7.3.

I run the game. After a few seconds, I got this error message:

[Here][2] is the log file.

The game runs nicely in the editor.

Thanks,

Elathan

Howdy Elathan,

Thank you for reporting this issue that you have been seeing. I am going to need a bit more information before I begin looking into this issue. Would you be able to share your DXdiag? Would you be using a source or binary version of UE4?

Would you be seeing the same error with a blank template project? Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello,

I packed the default template. It did not crash, so I began to experiment with my own project.

Fortunately I could find the problem.
In my playercontroller blueprint class, I run a console command to enable the collision geometry rendering:

36587-showcmd.png

I removed the execute command node and packed the game again. It does not crash anymore : )

I use a source version (I can debug the engine code, but I installed it from the Launcher).

[My DxDiag.txt][2]

Thanks,

Elathan

Howdy Elathan,

Thanks for the additional information regarding this issue. I have been able to recreate this issue internally with a template project. I have entered JIRA report UE-13011 into our bug database so that the issue may be issue in a future release.

At this time I am unsure as to when this issue will be addressed but I will be sure to keep you updated as the Bud is worked on.

Thanks and have a great day!