How can I drag and drop a texture file w/o losing focus?

Hello !

I can’t drag and drop a texture file from my content browser to my material window because the main window get the focus and my material window goes behind.

I had no issue with focusing window in the 4.3 version or the editor.

Thanks for the help !

Hey Eddy-

We’re looking into this bug but to help us determine the exact nature I would like to ask which version of the engine are you seeing this behavior with? Also, does the same thing happen with other menus (such as blueprints)?

Additionally, the temporary workaround would be to resize the main window to fit both it and the material editor on screen together.

Cheers

Hi ,

I use the latest editor version 4.6.1. I never use blueprints window so I don’t know. I lose focus on my material window at the very moment when my mouse comes over the viewport part of the editor, I guess the editor “think” : “Ok, he drag a texture to me, he maybe want me to apply it to this mesh”. At this moment I lose focus to the main window. I Hope it helps you.

Cheers,

Eddy

Hey Eddy-

I was able to reproduce the bug you described and have submitted it to our internal tracking database (UE-9317) for further investigation by an engineer.

Cheers

Thanks !
Cheers,
Eddy