3d Widget splitscreen show in second viewport

(Blueprints 4.7p3) There doesn’t seem to be a way to show the 3d widget in the second player’s view. And if you set the widget to be in world space the editor will crash when you add another split-screen player. Screen space does not crash but does not work for the second player’s view.

It would be ideal if you could set a specific camera/cameras or player for the widget to be rendered to. Currently this makes 3d widgets unusable for split-screen games so it would be cool if this could be fixed before leaving experimental. Thanks for looking into it.

Hello Voren,

I was able to reproduce this issue on my end. I have written up a report (UE-7699) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day

Thanks for confirming this and letting me know. Any idea a general time frame guess as to how long till it gets fixed? I won’t hold you to it or anything.

I need this for our game and am trying to judge if I should be working on a workaround or if I should wait. Hoping to have everything else in our game generally done in about 3-4 months.

Thanks for your time

Hello Voren,

I went ahead and double checked for you in 4.7. This issue no longer appears to occur. I hope that this helps.

Make it a great day

So I check our project when I commented that and it wasn’t working. I just made a new project to test it and it appears to be working now. Hopefully I just have a setting wrong from messing with it trying to get it to work and I’ll be able to get it working with our project as well.

Thanks so much! Keep being awesome UE team!

Okay so the world space is working correctly but when I switch to screen-space it crashes the editor when I hit play. Should I make a new question for this?

Getting mixed results with further testing. Once I get it narrowed down I’ll post a new question. I think it is a different enough problem it will be less confusing that way.