30% frame drop when looking out of windows

I began testing building mockups in my open-world game. I got 120fps but when I am in the buildings and specifically looking out a window, the framerate goes to 80. If I turn my back on the window, 120 again. I am using dynamic lights and I know things are sensitive, but I’m not really trying to do much am I? Just look out a window :stuck_out_tongue: Anyone with a solution to this?

Just look out a window

Well, what do you see? A desert or a bustling megacity? Profiling and optimisation is a huge topic:

My world is just a landscape with a few trees for now. And no frame drop when I am walking around in the world, just when I am in a building looking out a window.

There is no magic tick box anywhere to fix looking out of windows issues, you’ll need to investigate.

If the issue is so easily reproducible, learning how to use the profiling tools should allow you to find the culprit and address it.

Nice one. Well done.

What solved it was foliage LODs. For trees, I set the third LOD at 5% triangles and the second at 15% triangles. Now I can run 120fps with Cull Distance 50.000. Additionally, I stopped the grass from having a shadow.