$30,000 of Pro Assets (Or Game Credit) to trade for Rift VR Blueprint help/info

The speed is the yellow input. You cannot set it by hand because it is connected and takes its value from the connection. If you leave it unconnected it looks like this: Set Physics Linear Velocity Node Doc. Nodes take inputs from the graph not from the details panel.

I appreciate the ‘clues’ and ‘hints’, but, Well. months later I’m not one tiny step closer…
Looks like I have a ‘dynamically generated character’ so all the stuff above, sending me looking for ‘physics’ entries in BP details panels (there were none after days of searching) was just taking me in the wrong direction.
Unfortunately that makes it even harder for a BLUEPRINT Newbie ((I have been doing Media, FX and CGI creation/animation for 25 years, NOT a Newbie Newbie)) .

I’m just going to have to release as ‘early access’ WITH the INSTANT STOP from Fast Flying, and maybe, before my reputation is completely destroyed, some blueprint guru out there will like the game enough and want to experience my gigantic detailed world to actually take a look at the blueprint and spend 3 minutes editing it.

Unlike our ideals in Ready Player One, people hare are not very,… collaborative, they could have credit in games, even percentage of profit for 5 minutes work, and never any takers. It’s downright bizarre, and I think more to do with ego, than forward thinking.)

After working in 3D Studio since release 1 for DOS, I’m quite sure I can do THOUSANDS of things in 3ds Max and MAYA that Blueprint coders per se, could not even imagine how to do, certainly not as fast or as well as I do, in Character animation. I have written books.about generating ultra efficient but Artistic believable performances. Want a copy? it’s called: ‘LIVE TAKE: Artistic Performance Capture in 3ds Max & Maya’

If you would charge (assuming none of the $30,000 of assets I listed above are of any interest) how much would you charge to make ONE CHANGE to my project/BP, (to glide along walls in proximity instead of STOPPING Instantly)?

I had thought with VRAY in Unreal Beta, the thousands of highly complex but light EVERMOTION Objects, Interiors and Exteriors would be much more enticing, now that they can be saved as FBX, imported to Unreal and basically press play…

Well I took a couple of minutes to see this blueprint again. The more I examine it the more I don’t like it. It looks like a failed experiment. To be honest, imo fixing this is a (very) bad decision… Not a good point to start learning UE4, or asking for help. Please, next time try official projects to start with.

As I said I don’t have access to VR hardware right now and I am already heavily engaged in other projects. If I could accept I would ask for some asset… In the forums there is a special thread for offers…

Have you tried turning off Sweep in all your SetActorLocation (or similar) nodes? There was a suggestion given somewhere above, where you project the hit impact normal of a trace onto a plane. Did that work for you?

I know what you really want is to hand the project to someone and have them fix that one aspect of it, and hand it back. Should be simple right? It looks like all the people answering so far don’t have the time to take that on just yet, so all are settling for giving suggestions and answers instead.

Does any one have a link to the forums mentioned? I’m actually not familiar with the forum either, just this AnswerHub.

I just saw this, THANKS I will try above!

here is where I found another UNREAL Forum:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/

For others following this post, we solved the problem of the player spinning/rolling when brushing up against the wall by adding an extremely slippery physics material to the player pawn, so it slides instead of rolling along the surface.