2d Spite Character Not Jumping

Hay i am a beginner at unreal, i am building a 2d spite character jumping action which isn’t working. here are few screenshot.

Screenshot 2022-07-05 002509
As u can see jumping action are there and key binding is there, but when i play i can freely move and rotate in axis but cant jump. My spite don’t respond to any of the key press related to jump action.
can jump is activated, but when debug jump action shows false.
Hope I provided u enough resources to understand.
thank you

Hello @agentmac007, I’ll need a little more information to be able to help you. Can you show a screenshot of the Jump and StopJump functions?

Are these functions located in blueprint for the sprite character? Have you tested if the action is executing the jump function? you could add a Print node to the Jump function to debug this

Here is the screenshot of my blueprint

• if you put a Print String before Jump, does it print?
  • do you use Space Bar / W or Input Action Jump anywhere else in the project?

No bro. There is only 3buttons I applied.

Is it a ‘no bro’ to both of those things - it does not print?

There is only 3buttons I applied.

This does not answer the question. Are you using Input nodes in any other blueprint in your project? Perhaps you tried something in the Level Blueprint / Player Controller and forgot about it?

No space and w button didn’t map for any other action. They only maped for jumping.
Till now this is the only blueprint I created .
Thanx for reply

Your keyboard is not broken, both w and space are working it seems. Providing this does not print in a possessed character blueprint:

The only thing that comes to mind is input consumption.

Till now this is the only blueprint I created

What are the chances it is used elsewhere, though - in a blueprint you did not create?

• did you create the project from scratch or are you using a template?
  • search for InputAction Jump in all blueprints

• search for Space Bar in all

What do you get?

• how’s this on your end:

see this screenshot . when i use print string it is responding to button that i created for jump action and yes i started this project from scratch and this is the only blue print i created till now.
and detail panel is just like your image only both of the option are ticked.

So it does Print. So far you’ve been saying no… Or not responding so I assumed no.

Have a look at the movement component, how many jumps are allowed?

Only one jump and no hold time and velocity is also set around 300, gravity set to 2. I checked everything. Even compared with default project comes with unreal everything seems fine. Don’t know where it’s occur problem

1 Like

Yeah, we’re running out of options:

How’s this?

That’s also enbled

@agentmac007 Hmm, maybe your character IS jumping but on the axis that goes out of the screen? Since its a 2D project and you are using the default movement component. It could be that you can’t see the jump since it is happening in the axis that you are not using (the Z axis I think). If that is the case, then you will probably benefit from reorienting your character so that the Z axis is up, if you want to use Unreal’s movement component and not have to mess with reorienting the up vector yourself. Maybe it is a longshot, but worth checking.

1 Like

How can I setting up these things?

An easy way would be to print the PlayerActor’s location to the screen in the tick function. You can set the display time to 0 so that it doesn’t spam your screen, or something small like 0.1 to see the last few frames. This should help you see if any axis is changing its value. If this is in fact what is happening you should just rotate your player and change the camera position accordingly.

Here is what I mean about the prints

On the bottom left of the viewport you can see the axis orientation.

Sorry for late answer, but this is what i got.

But does the coordinates being printed change when you press the jump button?

hi,
well x axis value changes as i walk or rotate but Z axis remain same. but when i jump from the 2d ground plane, when i fall Z axis value changes that mean my orientation is correct rit.