2D: How can I make an object maintain relative position to player?

Ok so I am trying to make a 2 player game using the Kinect as a second player controller. The idea is to have one character be basic 2D player figure who can run around and jump and stuff, while the other player is a floating spirit that can fly around and aid him in different ways. currently I have both characters working independently of each other fine. However my Kinect controlled character is constrained to 1 central location whereas I would Like him to move relative to the keyboard controlled character. I’m no expert at Unreal yet by the way. I am still a student just learning how to use it.

First Attempt:

Here I tried having the position of the joint add to the position of the player character each Event Tick. (I’m not sure if it is referencing the correct player controller but I tried ever number from 0 to 10 just to make sure this wasn’t the error.)

I also made the Kinect character a part of the Keyboard controlled character but this had no affect and the Kinect controlled character behaved the same as before. Probably a silly Idea but I thought it was worth a shot.

I also tried this out to see if it would work but it did not.

I been trying to get this for about a week and the lack of tutorials online about Kinect usage with Unreal is killing me. Please let me know if there’s anything that I can do to get this to work. Also note that Kinect does not work with the newer versions of Unreal as the plugin is not up to date.

Oh and lastly I’d also like to mention that the physics tend to get a little weird when the 2 interact. As a simple test I had the grey dude jump on top of the Blue guy and lower him to another platform (within the space that the Kinect controlled character is able to move in atm). When the grey is on top of blue, Blue can barely move. Any ideas as per a fix for this?