2 Small Texture Size Questions

1- I have a large set of masks and VFX textures which most are from the size 32x32 to 256x256, and here is the question; which would be better for the game and impact the performance less: having a large 2048x2048 texture which have all these smaller textures or having the many single textures imported separately?

2- I have a texture which size is 2048x2048 which I will use a lot in the game, however some static meshes are quite small and will work with a 1024x1024 variant of the same texture, so which will be better and impact the performance less to use the 1024 and 2048 as two different textures or have one single texture of 2048 sized texture?

I’m pretty sure you’re better off with the large texture. The issue (as I understand it) is with how many times your system has to ‘look for a new texture’. So having 100 small textures is a no no (assuming there will be other textures on other objects as well). I could be wrong though.

So a larger sized texture in both file-size and resolution is better than several smaller segments, and what about Question 2, because the number of textures which I am considering that method with are about 3-4 textures.

Bump!!!