Weird height fog issue in 5.3.2

When I have exponential height fog and a light I get these weird harsh shadows the first few frames. It’s usually about 10-15 frames long then they soften out to normal. I’ve tried everything to try and solve this. I render in MRQ. I thought I was going crazy so I created the same scene with the same MRQ settings in UE 5.1. No issue at all in that version! The fog and rays looked exactly how they were supposed to. Not sure what is causing this in 5.3, but it seems to happen during the actual rendering process. In the viewport, it looks just fine. I’ve attached a 1st frame and a 20th frame so you can see what I’m talking about. Any help on what may be causing this would be greatly appreciated.

If rendering for videos, you usually let the engine run about a minute before you start a take to allow for all the engine stuff to normalize.

Short of that, they probably just added some new engine “feature” to the pipeline that is causing this… hard to know what exactly.

I did that along with several other things. Unfortunately, nothing worked. Again, exact same setup in 5.1 works without issue. Was just wondering if it was some new setting I’m overlooking maybe… :weary: