15% off Autodesk Maya LT - $204USD for a year

I was just having a look on Autodesk website for something else and noticed a 15% off sale.

Autodesk Maya LT is only $204USD for a year.

http://www.autodesk.com/store/autocad-lt-products

I thought this might be of value for some as Maya and 3ds max are typical staples for 3d modelling.

Disclaimer: I use to work for an Autodesk reseller A LONG time ago. No longer affiliated with them directly, they just make great tools.
I was there when Autodesk bought Alias.
Got an AWESOME tshirt with 3DS Max, Maya and Motionbuilder when the Autodesk reps came to demo the new acquisition :cool:

Can you explain briefly, from your experience, the details of the “LT” versions?

After using the full Maya for a long time here are some of the biggest cons of the LT version for me:

-> No C++/Python Script or Plugin support
-> No Animation Layers ( :confused: this is a big no go for me as i use them daily, especially with mocap )
-> Most of the deformers missing ( wrap, cluster, jiggle )

Also beware the points i listed are just related to animation ( thats what i use maya for )

If you keep things simple the offer is really good, mel script can help with the automation progress and getting a better pipeline.

Personally after years of python and c++ i can’t throw away my pipeline/scripts that i developed so its a no-go for me, until autodesk starts to support python at least.

Why dont you check the differences out for yourselves?

There are 3 animation layers (base layer + 2 additional) since LT 2016 Extension 1

Thats good to know :), now the last thing they need to add is python, plz autodesk :stuck_out_tongue: