I need a bit of clarification if that’s not a bug, because I was under the assumption that a 0 duration delay acted as a single frame skip. And while I’ve been using it for a long while now, I just recently encountered a situation where it didn’t work as intended…
I initially thought it was an issue with my script so I did a quick test just to be sure, and I’m a bit confused by the results.
In a clean 4.20 project I did this small script :
The result should not be 0.0, it should have given how long the frame was, in second.
I tried something else, having a delay between the key pressed and the measurement.
And now i’m getting the result I’m expecting, a very tiny number, which is the frame duration (I have 60fps = 1/60 = 0.016667)
Now, that could because of the way the key input works under the hood, maybe it’s latent (which would be horrifying), but I discovered it in a more complex situation with multiple script chained by delays, and I really need this 1frame delay to be consistent anytime it’s used.
Really need help here