-1.00 appears in all Viewports [V4.11]

There is an odd “-1.00” that appears in WorldSpace both in the Editor and Ingame on 4.11 Non Source Build.

Not sure if this is a Bug or not, does anyone else have this?

It also appears in Preview viewports such as the Material preview and in Object viewports.

Something being drawn on the Debug canvas maybe?

Hello DevilsD -

Can you provide some additional information regarding the issue you are seeing? Does this happen in a particualr project or in all projects? What OS are you running the engine on? Can you provide some system specifications or DXDIAG for the system?

In the Image above, what material do you have applied to the world, is the world constructed with BSPs or Static Meshes? It looks like the camera is inverted is this the case or is that the layout of the world in relation to an upright camera?

As much additional information as you think might be relevant -

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

This happens in all Projects on all Preview Versions of 4.11.

DXDIAG is attached.

The material is simply a Vector Base Color and is applied to BSP brushes, the Camera is under the Geometry it is not inverted.

The below video demonstrates how it appears in the Editor better than i can describe it. Whenever i click in the Content Browser or use the Right Mouse button in the Viewport it disappears for a moment and then reappears as is shown in the video.

Hi DevilsD -

Thank your for the additional information and video. I agree there looks like that a debug setting is happening for you, but we are not able to reproduce internal yet.

Can you please zip up your Engine Config sub directory and a sample projects Config Sub directory and upload it here? I want to take a look and see if any odd variables have been turned on.

In the meantime, you can try running a Verify Install on the 4.11 Preview and see if that eliminates the issue.

Eric Ketchum

Attached are both Config directories. You will need to unpack them.

Anything you find im sure you will let me know.

Just as a note i want to make it clear that it also appears Ingame even in Standalone builds.

Hi DevilsD -

There is a Developer Tool accessible in the Windows >> Developer Tools dropdown menu called Widget Reflector.

Slate Overview for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.3 Documentation

Can you open that tool up and try to select the -1.00 and post the results from the Widget Reflector here, if the -1.00 is not selectable in the reflector that would also be important.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

It is not select able with the WidgetReflector.

I cannot see anything that would relate to it in the Widget Stack past the SViewport.

Hey -

Ok, so if it is not selectable in the Widget Reflector that means that it is related to an actor in the scene itself. I did not find anything specifically in the INIs that would cause the issue. Let’s make sure nothing happened in the engine install, can you please go to the Launcher and verify your 4.11 Install?

Thank You -

Eric Ketchum

Verified the Engine but it still remains.

Hi DevilsD -

Does the -1.00 only appear in all 4.11 projects and viewports or does it also appear in 4.10.2 projects and viewports?

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

It only appears in 4.11 Projects. No other version is affected.

Hi DevilsD -

After some digging, I found out that it’s the Visual Logger causing that 1.00 on your screen. I am not certain why it is coming up for you, but you can turn it off via the Windows >> Developer Tools >> Visual Logger.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

2 Likes

You save my brain ))