User Tag List

Thread: Livingroom Santiago

Infiltrator

Livingroom Santiago

Hello Guys

I wanted to share with you this project. Is one of the first I do entirely on Unreal. My goal is keep working on UE4 in all my upcoming projects.

One of the things I added to this is an automactic adjusment to the depth of field.

Hope you guys like it and all the feedback and comments are welcomed.

Name:  HighresScreenshot00000a.jpg
Views: 1607
Size:  868.4 KB

Name:  HighresScreenshot00001.jpg
Views: 1585
Size:  768.4 KB

Name:  HighresScreenshot00008.jpg
Views: 1591
Size:  875.0 KB

Name:  HighresScreenshot00010.jpg
Views: 1571
Size:  463.3 KB

Name:  HighresScreenshot00018.jpg
Views: 1570
Size:  589.1 KB

Name:  HighresScreenshot00024.jpg
Views: 1636
Size:  697.7 KB

this looks great! my only comment is are just subtle contact shadows but that's very minor for me. It really holds ups really well- keep em coming :]
    environment | arch vis artist | serriffe.com

This is impressive, because it's so good I'm going to nit pick and say the cushions spoil it a bit, but nothing major. With better cushions this is an Epic scene :-)
    Last edited by Mentholblue; 01-09-2016 at 06:45 PM.

This is so perfect!! Congratulations, it looks so convincing!

Infiltrator
    Quote Originally Posted by serriffe View Post
    this looks great! my only comment is are just subtle contact shadows but that's very minor for me. It really holds ups really well- keep em coming :]
    Thanks! You are right about the contact shadows. I´ll take care of it once I finish the other areas of the apartment

Infiltrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentholblue View Post
    This is impressive, because it's so good I'm going to nit pick and say the cushions spoil it a bit, but nothing major. With better cushions this is an Epic scene :-)
    Thanks bro. I´ll keep it in mind and will try to change them.

Infiltrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cosbu View Post
    This is so perfect!! Congratulations, it looks so convincing!
    Thanks bro!

Amazing visualization! I love the atmosphere of that scene, the lighting, it just make me want to be there. That's the highest achievement you can get in archviz IMHO.
    Will you post a video?
    My last UE4 archviz video

more of my work with UE4 on:
    Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Looks really good, I love the textures and lighting!
    I was just wondering; is it based on an existing apartment or did you design it from scratch?

Infiltrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rabellogp View Post
    Amazing visualization! I love the atmosphere of that scene, the lighting, it just make me want to be there. That's the highest achievement you can get in archviz IMHO.
    Will you post a video?
    Thanks! I'm adding other spaces for this apartment (kitchen, bedroom) once it's completed I'll post the video.

Infiltrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sandermer View Post
    Looks really good, I love the textures and lighting!
    I was just wondering; is it based on an existing apartment or did you design it from scratch?
    Thanks sandermer! It is a real apartment project for a client here in Chile (I work with "traditional" render based architectural visualization) and initially was made on 3ds and Vray and wanted to turn it into an interactive version.

I'm still trying to address some issues with reflections when taking screenshots that cause artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by estudioae View Post

I'm still trying to address some issues with reflections when taking screenshots that cause artifacts.
    Don't use the built in screenshot tool. Set up your cameras in the game and render from a standalone play session. Use the console command 'shot' to grab the screen. With other console commands or blueprints, you can set a resolution of whatever you want. Making a 4k game resolution, screenshotting it, and then down-rezzing in Photoshop has great results. The screenshot tool in the editor breaks antialiasing and reflections and anything else it feels like at the time.

I'm surprised no one has pointed out your broken point lights. You can only have 4 stationary lights overlapping at any given point (including sun). All those lights with red X's in your screenshot are being rendered fully dynamic with no baked lighting or soft shadows. So I would make them either static or movable, not a broken stationary.
    Theia Interactive makes immersive VR experiences in collaboration with the world’s leading companies and creatives, leveraging this bleeding edge technology to pioneer the next generation of entertainment, storytelling, and customer engagement.

Champion
    Just amazing!

Infiltrator
    Quote Originally Posted by StephaBon View Post
    Don't use the built in screenshot tool. Set up your cameras in the game and render from a standalone play session. Use the console command 'shot' to grab the screen. With other console commands or blueprints, you can set a resolution of whatever you want. Making a 4k game resolution, screenshotting it, and then down-rezzing in Photoshop has great results. The screenshot tool in the editor breaks antialiasing and reflections and anything else it feels like at the time.

I'm surprised no one has pointed out your broken point lights. You can only have 4 stationary lights overlapping at any given point (including sun). All those lights with red X's in your screenshot are being rendered fully dynamic with no baked lighting or soft shadows. So I would make them either static or movable, not a broken stationary.
    Thank you StephaBon, I'm still learning on the process, thanks for pointing out the broken point light issue. I'll look more into it.

Infiltrator
    Hello guys, this is a short video that shows the other areas of the condo. Still in process, All the feedback, comments and suggestions will be welcomed

How are you getting the ceiling to be so nice and evenly lit? My ceilings are always dark.

realy good!..love the lighting and the textures spot on!

Lighting looks really good.Could you explain your lighting workflow? did u use hdri? and the materials seem too complex

Nice work! One of my favorites

Infiltrator
    Thank you guys for your comments . This experience have help me to convince myself to change from Vray to Unreal. I`m not using any setting, just general tips I got from this forum. In upcoming posts I'll try to explain the workflow.
    Again, thank you very much guys for your kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by estudioae View Post
    In upcoming posts I'll try to explain the workflow.!
    Look forward to. Great work!

The artificial lights -- lamps and downlights -- glow like they are in a windowless room. If there is abundant light from the floor to ceiling glass, the light produced by artificial means will be much more negligible even in the part of the room opposite the windows.

If you lighted this animation with all of the artificial lights off or greatly dimmed, and just let most of the light come in as if solely from the windows, the depth of field will be much deeper and realistic.
    Last edited by PhillyArchitect; 02-18-2016 at 12:47 AM.

I'm newbie to Unreal Arena. I would like to learn and explore more on Unreal 4 capabilities. My end goal is to do Interior walkthroughs using Unreal. How can I achieve quality outputs as listed by "estudioae"? Please give me some guidance so I can get some handson learning exposure.

Thanks,
    Anand