Using UE4 content to build marketplace items

I am making some landscape materials. I have my own textures but would like to use the macrovariation and perlin noise from the starter content to help make those materials. If those are the only 2 textures I use, is that acceptable?

Take a look at this thread: https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?71679-Question-on-Epic-asset-usage-in-Marketplace-content :slight_smile:

Thanks . I can make a decent perlin noise. That’s not a problem. But it would be impossible to duplicate the macrovariation texture. What is the possibility of making that one exception, considering there is no way to duplicate it?

You’d need to contact those in charge of the marketplace ( marketplace-support@unrealengine ) to be sure.

I think you’ll be fine with using such a texture. In the end almost all packages in the marketplace use some kind of assets from Epic (the Mannequin at least)

Imho the rule for not using UE4 content is more that you don’t take all the assets from e.g. the Infiltrator demo, re-texture them and sell them.

Thanks for the link. Better to get an answer straight from the source.

Thanks order66. I think I’ll contact support just to be sure. Thanks for the reply.

Well if you read the linked thread, the question was specifically about the macrovaration texture, so yeah best to talk to someone at Epic directly.