Creat new Level button - in content browser not funtioning like UE4 tutorial page says.

I’m just curious if this is a bug in the 4.9.0 build or by design: According the this tutorial page: Create a New Level, when you click Add New and then Level, it’s supposed to pull up an option window with two choices: either an empty level, or a default level. This is not happening. Note: A new level icon (is) created, but the window with the two choices is not coming up.

On the other hand
If I go up to the file menu and choose New Level, Then I get the option for an empty level, or a default level.

Is this a bug?

advanced thanks

No one else has experienced this?

One last note: The behavior I described above is different between the latest 4.8.0 Tournament ED and the 4.9 UE4 editor.
For example: **
although both editors are not giving me the pop up to choose a empty level, or a default level as described here, when creating a new level in the asset browser - the UE4 editor defaults to a blank level with a grid. (Which is fine).
But the Tournament editor on the other hand defaults to a light level with a sky. The only way for me to get a blank level, is the load a new level from the file menu and overwrite the default map or just save a new map. None of this is a problem for me, but it’s confusing to a new user reading the Epic lesson when the editor does something else.

Hi Boss-Starstreams,

I was able to reproduce this on my end and have entered a bug report, UE-20842, to be assessed by the development staff.

Thank you .

If I may point out one more odd behavior between both the UE4 v4.9 and the Tournament editor v4.8:

• In the tournament editor, when I drag a BSP box out and change the brush size Not the scale, it creates a second additive box. For example: the initial brush size was 200 x 200 x 200, when I change it to 400 a second larger brush is created. Once I build, the new 400 x 400 x 400 brush remains and the old one is removed. This is not the case in the UE4.
  • In the UE4 editor the brush size change would result in an immediate larger brush without having to rebuild.

[=Boss-Starstreams;375080]
Thank you .

If I may point out one more odd behavior between both the UE4 v4.9 and the Tournament editor v4.8:

• In the tournament editor, when I drag a BSP box out and change the brush size Not the scale, it creates a second additive box. For example: the initial brush size was 200 x 200 x 200, when I change it to 400 a second larger brush is created. Once I build, the new 400 x 400 x 400 brush remains and the old one is removed. This is not the case in the UE4.
  • In the UE4 editor the brush size change would result in an immediate larger brush without having to rebuild.

[/]

In your editor settings>Level Editor>Miscellaneous, make sure that you have update BSP automatically turned on in your UT editor. If not, that is why you are seeing this behavior.

[= ;375189]
In your editor settings>Level Editor>Miscellaneous, make sure that you have update BSP automatically turned on in your UT editor. If not, that is why you are seeing this behavior.
[/]

That did the trick, thanks

By the way, on a side note: Unreal v1 the game was the first 3d game I ever played back in 1999. It left a lasting impression. When Legend entertainment made the awakening sequel, they left out the mid evil castles and magical folklore mood the original game had. It was like a completily different game even though it was suppose to be the same planet. It was unfortunate. Do you think Epic would ever consider making a remake of the original Unreal game, but with new textures and visual effect… using the same eerie music tracks however?