User Tag List

Thread: Interactive apartment

Interactive apartment

Hello guys!

Here are some stills from my latest project. I'm working on some new interactions.

Also I'm working on a new lighting workflow, trying to reach the quality from vray scenes.
    I will post a video soon!

Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm starting to hate you rafael! :-) outstanding work!

You know what? I think you are there as far as I'm concerned it is more than good enough especially if you can do real time with that set up - great job. My only critique is the floor looks too glossy because it has a lot of bump to it.

Please share anything you feel like as far as your work flow.
    Last edited by RI3DVIZ; 08-30-2015 at 08:51 AM.

I am with RI3DVIZ on this. Quality is almost as per of high quality Vray renders, there are certain limitations but I think they are of Unreal's own like good reflection and refraction interpolation..other then that this looks good. Floor can be better.

great work! I like the subtle incandescent light hitting the ceiling-
    environment | arch vis artist | serriffe.com

I really liked. But you can add a light bulb reflections.

Outstanding as usual, my only advice would be to completely remove the normal map on the floor material if you're trying to achieve the polish concrete look.

Thanks guys!

There is no normal bump in the floor material. Unfortunately, this noisy effect is from an issue from SSR reflection and I have to figure out how to fix it.

More shots

Last edited by rafareis123; 08-31-2015 at 04:58 AM.

Nice work!! Unfortunately i cant give any advice as my work is nowhere near the same standard.
    So that leads me to asking... when can we expect a tutorial from you

Great job as usual. What kind of new interactions are you thinking about?

Can you share at least some parts of the new workflow? No need to make a step by step guide but throw us some bones here.

Also how long did it take to build the lighting and what system are you using?

Robbie222, well, things like take a picture from your scene, change colors on a RGB scale, change de material rougness and so some others things.

The lighting took about 40 or 50 minutes, I don't remember exactly. I'm preparing some video-lessons that will explain my workflow step-by-step.

Here is the cinematic:

Always great, man! 1h is a real nice time for that kind of quality you get there...
    Would you mind to share some screens with lighting only ?

Ps: this is hands down already better than many Vray renders out there!
    My last UE4 archviz video

more of my work with UE4 on:
    Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by rafareis123 View Post
    I'm preparing some video-lessons that will explain my workflow step-by-step.
    Looking forward to this! I'm so very close to getting decent results but something just isn't right in my workflow.

1-hour build is impressive. I was able to chop down 6 hours (from 11h) of build time just by removing 2 high poly static plants in my scene. I was stunned when I discovered this.

Quote Originally Posted by rafareis123 View Post
    Robbie222, well, things like take a picture from your scene, change colors on a RGB scale, change de material rougness and so some others things.

The lighting took about 40 or 50 minutes, I don't remember exactly. I'm preparing some video-lessons that will explain my workflow step-by-step.
    Thanks for answering. I am more interested in the lighting techniques. The shaders look good but that's easy to achieve. That lighting though ...not so much. Could you make a breakdown of your lightning settings for this scene?

1h build time is a lot less than I expected, what system are you using?

Probably more than 1 computer :-P
    My project takes 5 hours, on 2 computers.

Here it is :

From my experience with other render engines, I could tell, Lightmass is better and faster than the famous biased solution from vray (IrrMap + Light Cache) and such good as unbiased methods (Bruteforce).

It took 40-50 mins for rendering, in a Dual-Xeon 2670 v3 - 32 GB Ram

Yea lol 24 cores 48 thread. Wish I had that horsepower! But for a 3d studio it's to be expected.

And yes lightmass is pretty bad *** when you crank the settings. I love it!

Noise in reflective materials is the biggest bummer right now imo.
    Last edited by heartlessphil; 09-02-2015 at 05:21 AM.

Infiltrator
    nice work rafa!

i've got a question regarding your assets. are those high poly models?
    if so: is it possible to run 30fps realtime demos with these?

cheers and keep up with the good work

ps: assuming you didn't make those models, how long did it take you to do the uv maps; making them ue4 ready

Yes it must run in real-time at over 30 fps for sure. Polycount isn't a big deal for unreal engine actually!

Very, very nice work! Did you use Spotlight outside in this scene?: http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...23/clay_06.jpg
    Appears this project in your shop?

Добрый день! не могли бы вы мне дать совет, как сделать такой дизайн??

MeMe : The assets are in mid/high poly. The demo is runing at 100fps on a Geforce 980

mihanix : No. I don`t like this type of lighting workflow, is too fake and doesn`t produce nice indrect shadows

Are you using HAL toolkit or your own ui? Nice job.

I didn't understand. I programmed it by myself

It looked a lot like https://vimeo.com/135624966 (ui and fonctionality) That's why I was asking hehe!

How do you work on the UI part where it interacts with different material selections? You script that?

Very nice rafareis123! This was done without any spotlights?
    Last edited by James_Gallagher; 09-29-2015 at 02:21 PM.

Simply beautiful! Looks absolutely stunning, you magnificent Bast**d! <3

I cannot wait for some Video tutorials :P

Yes James. As I said before, I don't like this kind of lighting workflow. It makes the Indrect lighting being so flat.

That lighting...
    Man, your works are outstanding!
    Wish you included a "switch mesh" function like in the Modern Country House project

Waiting for the tutorials and why not, I'll probably buy this project, looks amazing!!!!

The roughness changing option is very interesting actually. Much more than working TVs and all gimmicks like that I've seen in many other projects on the forums!

Hello rafareis,
    Do you thnik it is possible to have the good rendering quality with a movable sun? for timelapse for exemple...
    I actually have to make a timelapse interior render but I don't found yet the best solution for the lighting, I have tried Light Propagation Volumes and VXGI, but the lightmass is much more beautiful (with static sun). How do you think I can manage this type of project?
    Tks you for your answers man!

You can build your lighting only with Skylight and try a Dynamic sun. Use the postprocessvolume to change your overall color and exposure for each transition.
    It's not perfect, but it could works

Hello rafareis,

Let me tell you that you have a such great talent ! I can feel you're experience in lighting with vray or other soft through these images.

I have 4 precises questions to as you and it would be awesome to me if you could answer it.

How did you manage with the GI ? Did you add some lines or the trick was done only with the Post process volume ?

You said the building time was about 50min, which resolution did you put in the lightmass settings and basically what is the lightmap's resolution of the wall, big assets and small assets.

Is the ceiling, the ground and the wall are in one object or in different separates parts ?

Last question, did you add fake lights (like points lights inside your scene).

Thank you for everything, continue to produce exellent work like that one !