Free materials!

Hey everyone. Been a while since I’ve done ANYTHING, but I’ve gotten the itch and heading back in. I still know nothing overall, but I like making materials, textures, assets, etc. So here are my two materials to help me get in the swing of things. I wanted to share them with you. BTW: I added 3 more materials - Keep scrolling.

*All the textures are 2048x2048. You get Albedo, AO, Gloss, Normal, and Specular. Above each screen shot is the link to each material. Download both or just whichever one you like.
**Let me know what you think and post some screen shots of them in your developments! Remember, if you use these, please give credit.

[SUP]Cracked Shiny Marble: https://www.dropbox/s/uma3sunzaezqks8/Cracked%20Shiny%20Marble%20tiles.zip?dl=0
[/SUP]

[SUP]Dirty Stone Tiles: https://www.dropbox/s/u8jc7k2ttfhsajx/Dirty%20Stone%20Tiles.zip?dl=0[/SUP]

Looks really cool! Thx for sharing. :slight_smile:

Thanks mate!

Those materials look really nice :smiley:

Perhaps, you can provide more info about the materials. Basic stuff like which textures are included (Diff, AO, Spec, Norm, etc) in which resolution ?

Ahh, okay so all the textures are 2048x2048. You get Albedo, AO, Gloss, Normal, and Specular. Above each screen shot is the link to each material. Download both or just whichever one you like. I’m not great at setting up materials in UE4, so I just kinda plug em in and re-arrange everything until it looks good. I’m interested in seeing how people set up the materials. I’ll learn something hopefully.

2K text, this is great ! :smiley:

THX for the info :slight_smile:

In fact, it’s always good to add the technical information in the OP (opening post) so people don’t need to scroll down the thread and read all the posts to retrieve such basic information :wink:

danka shane

I’ve made a small texture pack with those awesome looking textures :smiley: I’m happy to add your textures in my free HQ UE4 content :slight_smile:

THX again for sharing.

very nice, thanks

Thanks for sharing :smiley:

I have 3 new materials. I have stone blocks. PERFECT for floors, walls, pillars, and such. You have two versions; clean and old/dirty. For giggles, I also tried to make a brick material with chipped plaster. You get the albedo, normal, spec, gloss, and ao maps all in 2048x2048
Let me know if ya’ll want these and I’ll upload them!

**Clean Stone Blocks

://i.imgur/0M4T5xG.png

**Old/Dirty Stone Blocks

://i.imgur/zsALIXw.png

**Brick and Stucco

://i.imgur/zj1uGGk.png

The first two materials are very nice :smiley:

Therefore, the Brick and Stucco material look messy. Meaning that the mat need more a define shape. Per example :

[shot]https://www.colourbox/preview/3184914-old-wall-brick-and-stucco.jpg[/shot] [shot]://previews.123rf/images/nrey/nrey1112/nrey111200105/11496764-old-brick-wall-and-stucco-abstract-pattern-for-background-Stock-Photo.jpg[/shot]
[shot]://watermarked.cutcaster/cutcaster-photo-100060402-Old-Brick-and-Stucco.jpg[/shot] [shot]://bridalbanter.wpengine.netdna-cdn/home-improvement/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2012/03/Comparing_Brick_with_Stucco_11573598_460.jpg[/shot]

Hope it help :slight_smile:

I totally agree! I kind of hate it. It was just really hard to do something that doesn’t look like it’s repeating.

In this case, why not release a brick and stucco only materials ?

Because I wanted something that was more interesting. something that didn’t come with UE4.

I don’t know what is include with UE4. Still, many Unreal Tournament 4 map makers would be happy to get all of those textures simply because those materials aren’t include with the Unreal Tournament 4 editor and they rely on the stock materials which isn’t a big catalog.

Hi JOhnRose81,

Love the look of your materials. I curious … did you start with photo reference? And what software tools do you use to create the maps?

Thanks for sharing!
Jim

The Link doesnt work :frowning:

redownload, please:(

yes, reupload pls