Difference in HDR rendering (Bloom postprocess) when realtime rendering is on

Ok, I see a difference when I enable real time rendering in the editor. When real time rendering is disabled the scene looks how I want it to, but when I enable it, 90% of the bloom goes away. I am guessing that it might be a resolution or AntiAliasing issue. I have a texture which only has emissive color and consists of very bright (value ~800) star streaks. it seems as if the brightness is incorrect in real time, maybe because the pixels become too small to add the full 800 intensity value.

You can see the details in the picture. The left screenshot is rendered in real time mode.

Oh yes: exposure is fixed at Log 0 and min and max brightness in post-processing volume are set to 1.0

Yup, it’s an anti-aliasing issue. The Temporal AA averages the pixels sampled, making small, bright objects appear less bright compared to thier background pixels.

There’s a few solutions: 1) Turn off Temporal AA and use FXAA or 2) Set the “Enable Responsive AA” toggle in the material to true. This has an issue where pixels rendered behind the material don’t have anti-aliasing, so it’s great for small particles, like sparks, etc. but not for materials that cover a large area.
http://i.imgur.com/MFA6iuV.png

Ok Thanks, for the reply. I wanted to verify your solution, but I don’t have the sample design any more. Your explanation seems likely to be the cause.

OK, I have verified the solution

Disabling AA works and shows the bloom in real time and without real time
Using AA and Advanced->FXAA also works and shows the bloom in real time and without real time
Using regular AA only shows bloom when real time is disabled
Using regular AA and Responsive AA in the material does not help thus only shows bloom when real time is disabled