Kite demo yeahhhh !!!!!!!

The kite demo is over !!! soo cooll

Capture.PNG

I’m currently downloading it. Let’s see if I’m abel to run it :smiley:

For sure I have a gtx 660 and I run with 90 fps !!! (but in the tutorial level :slight_smile: … They did a very cool job because all the game is separated in levels and you can load the level you want once a time !!!..

25d071e8a304e100133286913d1fd716a2daddec.jpeg

can we use liek the water plane from this in our game? having such an issue with water lol

You can use all the stuff they make avail in this way, you should know that by now :wink:

Beside the kite demo water you could also use the water package from the learn tab :slight_smile:

Where are you downloading this from? I can’t seem to find it anywhere :\

In the learn tab of your launcher :slight_smile:

When I make that water bigger(like the ocean plane) it looks horrible for some reason. thats why I am hoping I can use the water from this. Water is my archnemesis

Is there any way to install Kite Demo to another HDD partition? I don’t want to bother with re-sizing my C:\ Drive

We made a wiki article how to do that, but I cannot find it back :stuck_out_tongue:

Try the second half of this:

https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?61912-Installing-UE4-to-Diff-hard-drive&p=241612&viewfull=1#post241612

Basically the water seems to be stretching with the plane too. You just need to go into the material and tile it more.

You think thats it? I will go in and try it. I hateeddddd the way it looked when i stretched the ocean lol

Did you added Blueprint Ocean, or your own mesh? Like Maximum-Dev said you should change the tilling. You can either change the tilling from the blueprint of the ocean, or through material instance.

So the video of the Kite Demo claims to have 100 sq. miles of terrain, is the current Kite Demo the real size?

Yes, everything is real including the size. And you have all of the content they used to create it, including boy, kite, deers, rocks, etc.

Well, I’m afraid graphics that good are out of my league, but this is pretty cool, it’ll take me all day to download though :\

I just tried it myself.
I think it’s really great, but I’m slightly disappointed

• no collision on pretty much anything except the landscape. then again that would kill the entire thing
  • what looked like dynamic/volumetric clouds in the video, is just a series of static skybox textures authored at different times of the day
  • cloud shadows (cast into the whole scene) are just static

I still think it’s a great demo and I’m very thankful for being able to see its entrails, dissect it and even make use of its assets.
But in the end it feels like a tech demo with ‘staged’ elements. the thing is, it came as a proof of concept to push the boundaries of the engine towards open world games. But to me it ends up feeling like a tech demo of open world graphics that in many aspects doesn’t go near what an actual open world game would need

It always depends on what you actually want to do with your game, it was designed to do what it was showing, it’s not a complete solution for every type of open world game.

How can I combine the cinematic map with the actual world?