Gas Planet Not Good Enough (Status Update)

For everyone about to read this, fear not, the light is at the end of the tunnel and it is not what you may have expected :slight_smile:

Let me start off by apologizing to everyone who has pm’ed me and been inquiring about when this package is going to go live so they could purchase it. It has been denied because it didn’t meet the quality bar (apparently). I believe in complete transparency, so here is the message I received via email regarding the content:

Having read the response, you may be thinking some of the things I did, perhaps not.
Just so that the package doesn’t receive any false / incorrectly placed bad rep, I would like to clarify this statement “Made Above” cause it really did render me speechless:

Whaaaaaattttt??? @_@ So basically?

**So here is the great news! You get to decide if this feedback was accurate **:smiley:
I am officially announcing the F.M. Station (or “Free Market Station”). This is my own personal marketplace that will be located on my website (in the not too distant future), and yea… Everything is FREE @_@ Including this Gas Planet Starter Kit!

You guys are so important, I couldn’t let any red tape slip me up. Especially after all the emails Y-Y I truly am sorry there will be a short extension while I prep everything to go up on my website. However, you can definitely look forward to some Sick and In-Depth content that stretches CGI in the near future.

I want the F.M. Station to be a huge recourse in helping the community instantly, without any bottlenecks or other unfortunate time delays.

More will be announced soon!

I can not comment too much about uv and art section because i know little of it.
I can only comment on what I see, and really I have to say that Saturn is amazing and the resemblance to the real picture is even more.
Very glad to see that you will open your own marketplace. If you are going to offer free products like this, please include an option to donate. I think your work should be rewarded.

Thanks for your work and im sorry for the rejected product, and for my English :).

Should put it up on Sellfy.

@Alexarg
Thank you for the kind words Alexarg!
At least I know I am not crazy and it wasn’t just me :stuck_out_tongue:

@SaviorNT
The whole package (and all of my future work) will be totally free on the F.M. Station. However, if it is more conveniant for some, I might branch out to Marketplaces such as Sellfy and put it up for free (if they allow it).

Yah, an option to donate is definitely in order, as I’d like you to get rewarded for such cool stuff. Honestly, the letter didn’t look too bad! They’re hoping you’ll change some stuff and resubmit (though I don’t think anything needs changing, myself). Maybe you just need to do a really snazzy presentation? When my rock pack was rejected, there wasn’t ANY hope of fixing stuff, based on the letter. Other than making completely brand new rocks that didn’t suck :confused: Well, I liked my rocks, at least. And the 3 people that bought it on Gumroad.

@Necrophob30

I know they are, but I don’t have time for these kind of bottlenecks and red tape, especially with how many pm’s I am getting requesting these products. If the basis for such feedback seemed relevant, then I would definitely have done something about it. However, I honestly didn’t even know how to respond to this feedback (very odd and weird statements/requests - especially the one regarding the style of ring planets looking like they were just incorrectly uv’ed / animated. I mean seriously, if you look up into space then that is just how nature is. If you don’t like that or it looks broken to you then I have no idea what to do in order to change it :stuck_out_tongue: I ain’t God). Anyway, not very helpful or direct.

You and everyone else that has been shown this has had the same response (and were ready to buy it). - Now they won’t have to, cause it’s going to be free :smiley:

I suggest editing your post to remove the direct quote of your correspondence with EPIC staff. Although there isn’t anything damning in there, it is against the forum rules:

You can simply state that you received feedback to improve your submission for the marketplace, but you are happy with the current quality. I would reply to the email you received to discuss your submission and show them real life pictures of Saturn and your work. If you want to release it for free I will point you to this section of the forum:

Community Content

@ - Never once did I expose any personal information, links to anything, etc.
I have had a lot of people inquire about this, and thus, I felt they should be privy to the topic at hand without any personal information being revealed. This is not a dispute, it is an explanation. Therefore it does not encroach on any rule I am aware of. It is an “a” + “b” = “c” statement. That is it.

If a moderator would like to point me to something I have done wrong, then so be it. But if I am not even allowed to show the reasoning behind why people will not receive a package within an allotted time frame (without giving any personal info away), then that isn’t fair to everyone who is asking for an explanation.

My post will remain as is, unless directed differently by a mod. Thanks for the concern .

The heck. I was gonna buy this.

We all have the responsibility to help moderate our community. Just trying to help you.

J Baldwin, Very sad news:(

I was gonna buy this.

You can not be God but you are a Great Master. You created my favorite planet (Saturn / Uranus).

And you used scientific methodology. Losing a master like you really is a nail in the coffin.

Now the market will be incomplete without our Master and the gas giants

, Please

You are encouraging a dispute. This is not good!

I think it would be good stop here.
I know I’m not the moderator. But think if the people start doing police role, I think all the world would be full of mercenaries and vigilants, would be bullet shot in all directions, And anyone would be a victim and offender. The Old West.

Hey , I don’t think that’s fair to say. was merely reiterating the forum guidelines to help as people have come under fire for breaking this particular rule before. The terminology regarding private correspondence between an Epic employee seems to suggest all private employee correspondence, regardless of whether it’s on the forum or via email. It’s unfortunate that the submission was rejected, but as suggested you could have informed people of it without directly quoting the private conversation. We’re all part of the same community here, and just want to make sure we follow the guidelines is all. Helping our fellow members in a positive manner should be something we all do. =)

Good luck with your work , I wish you success!

Ergh, Bummer. Everything looks perfect to me, I don’t understand why it would be rejected…

We need more unique items on Marketplace rather than generic gun packages or ‘foliage pack vol 1’ etc. That kind of stuff is getting on my nerves. As for the moderation stuff in regards to posting PM’s… I think you’re fine.

I do hope this isn’t due to my post about content quality in the Feedback section the other day. I don’t want to be responsible for mass-rejections because one particular package I bought wasn’t nearly up to scratch. You’re very generous giving this out for free instead , I would at least consider Sellify!

From my understanding such quotes are against the rules, however without quotes it hard to find the truth so I’m struggling with right decision.

Also, I believe this is to keep forums from drama, which current post is definitely enforcing.

From what I see your submission is not rejected - they simply asked to tweak some stuff to make it look better(However I disagree and I can’t see low quality in any of your projects) and I don’t understand why this thread is exist at all :confused:

edit: added personal opinion on a project

Judging from the email the author has too little information to proceed fixing his submission.
Also seems that the review guys didn’t even look at the package inside the editor, they just saw the pictures. Otherwise I don’t really understand the reasoning behind the UV comments they wrote.

In any case, i think it’s only fair to let this thread going on as it is.
The marketplace is now moderated in a disappointing way. The way I see this is that I’m paying for an asset 70% AND 30% preemptive support from Epic.
And right now feels that 30% is kind of wasted considering the obscure way things get handled on submission.

Just my 2c.

My english is not very good but - did i understand this right?

• your gasplanet system does not meet quality standarts and got rejected? a 5$ package with IMHO AAA-quality?

so there are lot of packages that cost more than 50$ and are … not even close to your packages (no offense here!!!), and your’s is not good enough?

this tottaly made my day :smiley:

• keep up your >>>good<<< work!

Yes. This is personal feedback back given to you to tweak your submission and we are removing reference to the conversation from the forums since this violates the Code of Conduct (4) Forum Rules/Code of Conduct - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums. We are still open to discussion about this feedback, but we need you to reply back to your ticket so we can carry on the conversation. We have not rejected your submission and, in fact, really like it. The feedback provided was based on the content you submitted to us separately from what is posted here, which is where we saw a few things that we thought could us some improvements to shine on our marketplace.

Please send us a response and we’ll work to make sure your submission a success.

now that epic has responded to the rule 04 stuff I would like respond to a couple of other things real quick, first:

as said was only trying to prevent from getting into trouble, second:

while I appreciate you trying to help us out by trying to moderate other members you could also cause arguments…ect which is not good so if you see a rule breach please report the post instead so a moderator or epic employee can deal with it, that way the problem gets dealt with possible arguments can be avoided and your protected from any potential backlash.

that last bit goes for everyone, if you see a rule breach please report it:).

While this action is in line with the code of conduct and is surely understandable from Epic’s pov, I’m not fond of how things were handled on this matter.
The marketplace needs more stuff like this and less copy/paste weapon packages, even if they have more pictures to accompany the sale.
This is of course if you actually want your marketplace to flourish and mirror the quality and bleeding edge we’ve come to expect from UE.

I’m sorry I say this bluntly, but if you have enough time to edit posts and reply while citing regulaments you could have easily found the time to provide meaningful feedback to the content creator/s beforehand.
From my point of view the author already sent you all you needed to provide serious feedback, so I don’t see the need of requesting another round of emails and communication when things can be resolved on your end by just being precise.
This was a blemish in an otherwise great and untainted reputation, at least IMHO.

I’m sorry if I sounded harsh on this, but since a part of your business model now revolves around indies and marketplace I take this matters very seriously.
Everything you do business wide is gonna impact everyone, from support to regulations.

My company purchaused assets on the marketplace before but i always felt insecure about asset quality since a lot of them are sort of hit or miss packages.
I feel that your focus should be to improve the actual submit process and QA instead of relying on developer’s effort.
That is, if you still want to manage everything on your end. If not just free the marketplace submission, implement a strict and mandatory refund policy and let users decide for themselves.

I’m sure a lot of the users here feels the same as me.

I hope all of this gets resolved and we see this pack on the Marketplace. This is a valuable asset, and I can’t wait to see what does in the future. And the Saturn comic he did as a response was hilarious. Why’s Jupiter got to be such a *#$& to Saturn? :slight_smile: