User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Generic Shooter Sample Project

Hero of the Peole

Generic Shooter Sample Project

So I made this thing, based on your feedback, decided to submit it to Epic for the Marketplace so you can buy it. Intended price is $19.99

You can watch extended development of and with this asset at http://www.twitch.tv/awesomeallar

Development Trello: https://trello.com/b/8NWlz8tf/generi...eprint-project

Downloadable Demo: http://www.michaelallar.com/GenericShooterDemo.zip

HIGHLY UNSTABLE HTML5 Demo (Takes awhile to load in Chrome, Firefox is currently only showing a black screen, click OK on any pop up dialogs): http://michaelallar.com/pow/html5/GenericShooter.html

Edit: Now submitted
    Edit: Updated demo to v0.2. Update is really a bunch of stuff behind the scenes. Some refactoring, making blueprints cleaner, more capable menu system, and small tidbits no one will notice.
    Edit: Added hat support, v0.3
    Edit: Added functional server list and v0.6 demo. Submission now under the first review stage by Epic
    Edit: Added weapon holstering and switching in v0.65
    Edit: Added support for weapon dropping and picking up in v0.7
    Edit: Added more robust deathmatch support, grenade launchers, and other general improvements in v0.8
    Edit: Added some bug fixes, and a new level, and projectile kill scoring in v0.86
    Edit: Packaged release v1.00

Also, sorry in advance for my late night sales pitch voice. And by that, I mean, I sound like I am having a stroke. Maybe I am. Iunno.

Some pictures because thats a thing:

Name:  promo1.png
Views: 11493
Size:  507.3 KB

Name:  HatsReplicate.png
Views: 10785
Size:  769.8 KB
    Name:  b5e2dbfe979167f7c50b24e65badfbee.png
Views: 10564
Size:  599.7 KB
    Name:  promo2.png
Views: 11287
Size:  98.8 KB
    Name:  Promo3.jpg
Views: 11566
Size:  524.8 KB
    Name:  WeaponHolsterSwitchPromo.jpg
Views: 10208
Size:  40.2 KB

Name:  b9d09cde00626482cb415a6d62478a81.jpg
Views: 9946
Size:  703.5 KB

Features:
    It's a first person and a third person shooter, with things like a frontend menu, persistent settings, hats, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch, pistols, rifles, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, shotguns. Yeah.

The point of this asset is the underlying framework, not the art. All the art should be replaced by you, because it looks silly and stupid.

Known Issues:
    • Sometimes you have to click anywhere in the game viewport at least once for keyboard/gamepad support to work

Development Trello: https://trello.com/b/8NWlz8tf/generi...eprint-project

Downloadable Demo: http://www.michaelallar.com/GenericShooterDemo.zip

Thanks to all you guys who voted for this!
    First 125 votes:
    mattp27, adamfacey1, alanconrad1, ormanator, amievil, amitofer1, antimnguyen, andrewleslie, ltwolf, andysechrist, anthonyrivera8, antoniosanchez18, arttur, zomboko, benhale4, benediktengelhard, benjaminstanley2, brunobrito6, cedricneukirchen, charlestonsilverman1, chrisioakeimogloy, christm1, clintonwakefield, madd0k, danelletf, davidherrick, devspark2, dewburninteractive, zeorb, mrdoxies, eduardgelbling, enerion, gbr5, gi_ace, gameperspectives, gavinmills2, giuseppelandolina, hkdeus, hadarsilverman, henrikgoldsack, holdenanderson, holly264, imrooniel, irzipher, jakebaet, thejamsh, jankaluza, jarlanperez, jasonlashley, jealchoi, jeanhan, jeffersonprince, jeremyanderson18, jinghan2, joshtrevisiol, joseismaelcahuanaturpo, julianbrasolin, justin_dooley, keatonvanauken, kenpokiller, kitatusstudios, kylehawkins, luos1, martinbean2, mattstafford, matthewbarcas1, matthewwindley, neomau, melissa750, michaelallar, michaelaudije, malmi, nitecon, oeginc, oscarsullivan, patriciacurtis, paultarr3, pedroamorim2, pennypan1, petebottomley, predragpesic, rasmuspedersen6, robsciender, rommesiqa, rukshana1, shoiko, steffenunger, stephaniemarroquin1, stevenbrown24, stormrage256, stuartgraham1, talus4, teammechanic, terrancemaxwell, tiagoling, mktwo, tomlooman, tomofnz, toxingaming, tughanyalgin, vencinachev, w3studios, waqasiqbal, yannicklange, yohanriou, adamflores2, ayretek, bzysberg, charles200000, davidryckenbusch, dcyoung, djgrave, dwunkypengy, erwilly, evilmrfrank, kodi5, lifeindanger, logansunn, luny2, pichmichael, revolutionart, rforestbaker, shtif, stephenzorn, the_1990
    Last edited by Allar; 06-08-2015 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Now submitted

Luminary
    Yes I would like this

10/10 would watch the youtube video again, this time with my generic pants on! Honestly I think blue guy is the true American Hero here.

Freaking awesome loving that menu setup.

lol Allar , ur a nut, it's why everyone likes you!

great stuff dude, great stuff

Yes! This is awesome. I want it.
    Easy weapons in Unreal Engine 4:
    Check out Realistic Blueprint Weapons

Currently doing a tutorial series on Vectors and what they are good for.
    Please visit Unreal Unscripted

Luminary
    So just some thoughts -

Weapons -

- An example weapon that is area of effect (Grenade launcher, Rocket Propelled Grenade, etc) that we can modify just a few values to turn an RPG into a grenade launcher and vice versa.
    -- Maybe add an delay to the explosive for the grenade launcher so that it does not detonate with in a certain range?
    - Melee Weapons such as a Knife or Machete, etc. for those super sweet stealth kills.
    - Support for throwable weapons such as Grenades, Molotov's, Rocks, etc.

Props -

- Explosive objects - for example Cars, Barrels, etc.
    - Climbable Ladders

Other -
    - It would be nice to have a stealth system with AI that will actively seek out the player for a certain amount of time. More than likely outside the scope of this project though.

That said - I like what see - Keep up the work.

Great stuff!! I would be really interested
    English is not my natural language... sorry 'bout that!

nope nope n-n-n-no-nope n-no-nope! best feature ever @2:21 would buy for that reason alone.

Hero of the Peole

Quote Originally Posted by HeadClot View Post
    Yes I would like this
    Quote Originally Posted by DwunkyPengy View Post
    10/10 would watch the youtube video again, this time with my generic pants on! Honestly I think blue guy is the true American Hero here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amievil View Post
    Freaking awesome loving that menu setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by ayretek View Post
    lol Allar , ur a nut, it's why everyone likes you!

great stuff dude, great stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasped View Post
    Yes! This is awesome. I want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Bean View Post
    Great stuff!! I would be really interested

Quote Originally Posted by X.E.R.T. View Post
    nope nope n-n-n-no-nope n-no-nope! best feature ever @2:21 would buy for that reason alone.
    Save your money! Here you go! https://www.dropbox.com/s/6k848kgtzi...0Pack.zip?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by HeadClot View Post
    So just some thoughts -

Weapons -

- An example weapon that is area of effect (Grenade launcher, Rocket Propelled Grenade, etc) that we can modify just a few values to turn an RPG into a grenade launcher and vice versa.
    -- Maybe add an delay to the explosive for the grenade launcher so that it does not detonate with in a certain range?
    - Melee Weapons such as a Knife or Machete, etc. for those super sweet stealth kills.
    - Support for throwable weapons such as Grenades, Molotov's, Rocks, etc.

Props -

- Explosive objects - for example Cars, Barrels, etc.
    - Climbable Ladders

Other -
    - It would be nice to have a stealth system with AI that will actively seek out the player for a certain amount of time. More than likely outside the scope of this project though.

That said - I like what see - Keep up the work.
    Basic projectile weapons are already planned (and animated). Added delayed projectiles, throwables, explosive objects to my Will Consider board. Planned for melee weapons but forgot to add to trello, is added to Will Do. Could use some royalty free anims here though. Climbable ladders and stealth mechanics are out of this projects scope, and there is already a ladder climbing system on the marketplace. I haven't tried integrating it, and I don't own it, but I'm sure its doable though.

Development Trello for this project is linked to in the main post.
    Last edited by Allar; 04-29-2015 at 03:38 AM.

Luminary
    Quote Originally Posted by Allar View Post
    Basic projectile weapons are already planned (and animated). Added delayed projectiles, throwables, explosive objects to my Will Consider board. Planned for melee weapons but forgot to add to trello, is added to Will Do. Could use some royalty free anims here though. Climbable ladders and stealth mechanics are out of this projects scope, and there is already a ladder climbing system on the marketplace. I haven't tried integrating it, and I don't own it, but I'm sure its doable though.

Development Trello for this project is linked to in the main post.
    Hey thanks for the prompt reply and Answers.

Just subbed to your Trello board. I might be able to help out with some really crappy animations.

I am no animator but I am willing to give it a shot.

- HeadClot

I hope the voice over in the video will be used for some cry-outs, its awesome! :P
    English is not my natural language... sorry 'bout that!

Infiltrator
    The blueprint graphs are actually really clean, like, *really* clean
    Could you say, eat off of them?

Hero of the Peole

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Bean View Post
    I hope the voice over in the video will be used for some cry-outs, its awesome! :P
    I'll put some cry-outs in the project just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oul View Post
    Could you say, eat off of them?
    For an additional fee (printer costs + shipping), I can print you out some blueprints and have them laminated so you can use them as plates.

Winner! And by that I mean the late night sales pitch voice haha If that's what having a stroke sounds like, I may try to force my blood pressure to rise some next time I do recordings

Definitely a cool template project!
    David Hache aka Mortusnyte - Youtube
    Content Creator
    -Match-3 Blueprint
    -Simple Checkpoint System
    -2D Character Engine - WIP

"Give me your best shot... If you're prepared for the void!" -Magus, 600 A.D.

Hero of the Peole

Quote Originally Posted by Mortusnyte View Post
    Winner! And by that I mean the late night sales pitch voice haha If that's what having a stroke sounds like, I may try to force my blood pressure to rise some next time I do recordings

Definitely a cool template project!
    Haven't even piped it through the hardware auto-tuner I have yet. I'm not sure why I have a hardware auto-tuner, but I do.

Thanks to do the same that I do free and multiplayer, now I can get a holiday.
    Creepy Races - Rally Cars meet Halloween! -
    Unreal Forum Thread

Vixens From Outer Space - Space Amazons! Cosmic Horror! Action!

Hero of the Peole

Quote Originally Posted by erWilly View Post
    Thanks to do the same that I do free and multiplayer, now I can get a holiday.
    Mine won't be free. Cheap, maybe, but not free. Also, your asset has more weapon specific features than mine does, so I wouldn't worry. Everyone does weapon mechanics differently, this is just my approach. Its nice to have multiple approaches like yours and the Realistic Weapons Blueprint. Yours is also already buyable. Mine isn't out yet.

Edit: Now submitted to the marketplace
    Last edited by Allar; 04-29-2015 at 07:23 AM.

The video was great, please make a sequel!!! =)

Hero of the Peole

Quote Originally Posted by Devero View Post
    The video was great, please make a sequel!!! =)
    I have now submitted. If it gets approved for the trello board, I definitely will.

I thought, that at the end of your video, you were going to say something like: "But wait. If you order now, at this low low price, we will throw in another Shooter Sample Project, for free. . . Just pay shipping and handling."

Awesome video!
    Purchase = yes.

Infiltrator
    Could you not make this some sort of extension of the UT4 code? Presumably the multiplayer implementation for that will receive continued support and optimizations for as long as it's profitable. It also saves you from having to to reimplement deathmatch and probably some other stuff. I honestly have no programming background but I had a hunch that you could save yourself some time and maybe benefit from the skill of the UT4 team programmers.

Hero of the Peole

Quote Originally Posted by breese45 View Post
    I thought, that at the end of your video, you were going to say something like: "But wait. If you order now, at this low low price, we will throw in another Shooter Sample Project, for free. . . Just pay shipping and handling."

Awesome video!
    Purchase = yes.
    When I do the final promo video, I'll aim for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oul View Post
    Could you not make this some sort of extension of the UT4 code? Presumably the multiplayer implementation for that will receive continued support and optimizations for as long as it's profitable. It also saves you from having to to reimplement deathmatch and probably some other stuff. I honestly have no programming background but I had a hunch that you could save yourself some time and maybe benefit from the skill of the UT4 team programmers.
    UT4 is licensed away and you can't really do much with it if you want to do stuff commercially.

Hero of the Peole

Sorry for the double post.

Uploaded v0.2, its full of minor things no one will notice but is a signficant improvement overall from the authorship point of view. More professional and whatnot, now that I know there is quite an interest for something like this.

I have submitted to the marketplace. I hope I can get a mod to change the thread title prefix to [SUBMITTED] at some point. I realized I should have posted this in the WIP forum instead, my bad.

LMAO!! i might just buy these that video just made me laugh to much made my day. xD

very interested in this

I have submitted to the marketplace. I hope I can get a mod to change the thread title prefix to [SUBMITTED] at some point. I realized I should have posted this in the WIP forum instead, my bad.
    The mods are pretty darn awesome and quick to respond around here ^^
    David Hache aka Mortusnyte - Youtube
    Content Creator
    -Match-3 Blueprint
    -Simple Checkpoint System
    -2D Character Engine - WIP

"Give me your best shot... If you're prepared for the void!" -Magus, 600 A.D.

Hero of the Peole

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowjonny View Post
    LMAO!! i might just buy these that video just made me laugh to much made my day. xD
    Quote Originally Posted by crumbaker View Post
    very interested in this
    Awwww yeah.

Also, I added hat support. For hats. On your head.

Yes. They replicate:

Name:  HatsReplicate.png
Views: 10620
Size:  769.8 KB
    Last edited by Allar; 05-01-2015 at 10:43 AM.

Haha... love the OP video.

Luminary

Ok, I love this stuff: can't wait to rip this apart and disassemble UI parts! *o*

Infiltrator
    UT4 is licensed away and you can't really do much with it if you want to do stuff commercially.
    Ah, I thought it was the same situation as UE4 content.

This could be a great idea to build a room for customizing characters.

Instead of changing a hat only, could be the head, a torso, arms and legs.

very interesting

Hero of the Peole

Added functional server list and v0.6 demo.

Submission now under the first review stage by Epic

Name:  b5e2dbfe979167f7c50b24e65badfbee.png
Views: 10341
Size:  599.7 KB

would this be easily applied to an already in the works fps based on the standard fps blueprint template?

Promoter
    This would be nice!

Really interested in this one.
    Two questions :
    -how many players does it support ?
    -does it support multiple teams ?

Yes I do. Please make this

Would love to see a capture the flag, an onslaught, a last standing man, a sabotage and a warfare game mode included in the package.

Hero of the Peole

New update: Weapon holstering and switching:

Name:  WeaponHolsterSwitchPromo.jpg
Views: 10072
Size:  40.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by docjor View Post
    This would be nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterstone View Post
    Yes I do. Please make this
    Awwwwww yeaaaaah.

Quote Originally Posted by crumbaker View Post
    would this be easily applied to an already in the works fps based on the standard fps blueprint template?
    This is intended to be its own starter project. While you could merge in the assets and use them with minimal setup, some setup would still be required, such as setting up input and physical material bindings. I might write up a tutorial on how to merge with existing projects, but most likely that won't happen as everyone's project is different.

Quote Originally Posted by BZysberg View Post
    Really interested in this one.
    Two questions :
    -how many players does it support ?
    -does it support multiple teams ?
    This theoretically supports an unlimited amount of players capped by the networking restrictions of Unreal. I'd recommend 1-16, but there really isn't any imposed limit other than engine restrictions.

This doesn't have any team mode logic... yet. Planned for a future update. You can see my development trello here: https://trello.com/b/8NWlz8tf/generi...eprint-project

Quote Originally Posted by lunyBunny View Post
    Would love to see a capture the flag, an onslaught, a last standing man, a sabotage and a warfare game mode included in the package.
    These are sort of out of the scope of this, but I will consider more advanced game modes for a future update.

New update: Weapon holstering and switching
    its really great. and one question - its hard to add single-player mode to your project?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast