UMG Inventory in UE4 - Items not showing up in inventory

Hello all,

I’ve been following the new tutorials put out by Epic on their take on an inventory system.

Unfortunately, once I got to video 7 where we can test picking up items it turns out that they don’t show up in my inventory. I’ve been trying to solve this problem for a couple days now and have re-watched the series to find out where I might being going wrong to no avail. I would be happy to post pictures of my blueprints but there are a lot of them so I hope that someone might have experience with this particular series and might have a good guess as to where I should look. I am going to go back through the series a third time tonight and as I do this I’ll post pictures of the completed blueprints.

Here is a quick video demonstrating what goes wrong on my end:

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks!

Updated with images:

This is the BP that is responsible for updating the array the stores the information for each button:

More shortly!

pretty simple fix make sure the item you put into the level even though you set it up in the bp before you drop it you need to add the info to the details panel after you place it into the world other wise it wont show in your inventory you will pick it up but with the changes he made to the construction script made it so it had to be set up in the details panel. hope this helps

It turns out that there were defaults set in the construction script. The item itself has the values set by default. To check this I can see that it actually does have health, energy, mood, and an image if I click on the instance of the can in my world. Problem persists :frowning: Thanks for the help though, invayne.

no no dont worry about the blueprint defualts the info you set are in the details panel of the object you placed in the world it basically resets everything so you will have to add the info to the objects there. sec ill post a screen shot

the area circled is where you need to add the info

Was this ever solved?
I am following the same tutorial and have the same problem on 4.6.1

Originally I had a few problems. My Item Text was offset as well, my look/jump/shoot was active when the inventory was called but I found out where my errors where with those.
Now only this problem of the item not showing up in my inventory…
(I have tried setting different values, as mentioned above) I believe there is something missing that is not being called, or that is not talking to another part of the scripting…

Does anyone have any ideas What is causing this?

thanks

Having the exact same problem, I get the following error in my log:

I create another theme because in this seems that not solved please help with inventory system tutorial - Blueprint Visual Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums