User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OCTOBER GAME JAM: Win Subscription Time! Theme Announced on Thursday's Twitch Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Chance Ivey View Post
    We're not going to get terribly deep into investigating the inception of sound, splash, and concept art assets. Our judgement criteria is focused on theme use, fun, and visuals.
    Thanks a lot for the response , I've got my idea worked out now so I look forward to hopefully providing a fun entry .

Well I will say this: I think I'm going to be enjoying this and any future ones. I'm liking how it's forcing me to learn some things (at the moment lighting) on the fly.
    YouTube: Tutorials of things as I learn/figure them out
    Twitter: @InfectedFPS
    Twitch: InfectedFPS (Occasionally stream some work)
    Site/Blog: http://www.csmarkus.com

Eastern Time (UTC-5)
    Maybe make a countdown link thingy?

where the description of the theme is ? cause it s already the 24th 11:22 AM (UTC+2) here in france, and nothing oO
    something i missed ?

Quote Originally Posted by RedEyes View Post
    where the description of the theme is ? cause it s already the 24th 11:22 AM (UTC+2) here in france, and nothing oO
    something i missed ?
    Check above.
    UDK and UE4 programmer and Unreal engine 4 betatester. Currently working on commercial VR games.
    Deep knowlegde of C++ and blueprints.
    Games released, Deathwave, VRMultigames, DWVR:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/463870
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/500360
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/520750

Going to try and take part, and stream my progress @ twitch.tv/Daelus so feel free to watch if you want. I'm downloading 4.5.1 at the moment, so I'm not starting up for another hour or so, but I'm going to try and work for most of the duration so hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to catch me. Anyway, best of luck to everyone taking part.

"bump in the night" and the halloween picture on the topic define the theme ? but it just mean nothing to me.
    i had expected some more information or detail, the excitation is gone back at the floor level now sorry i think t will be without me :/
    anyway, you guys, enjoy your challenge

Supporter
    Dang, I forgot about this and lost 16 hours of work time. Looks like I'll be skipping this one then. But good luck to everybody that enters!
    Last edited by Relto; 10-24-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Bump! (Pun absolutely intended!)

UE Community Manager
    Countdown added to original post.
    Twitter [@iveytron + @UnrealEngine] YouTube [/unrealengine] Twitch [/unrealengine]

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by RedEyes View Post
    "bump in the night" and the halloween picture on the topic define the theme ? but it just mean nothing to me.
    i had expected some more information or detail, the excitation is gone back at the floor level now sorry i think t will be without me :/
    anyway, you guys, enjoy your challenge
    I also thought that it's weird to choose an idiomatic phrase as a theme that many international particpants can only try to guess what it means.
    However google is our friend as always and this seems like the best description to me: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/things_that_go_bump_in_the_night
    So I am making my small game project around the theme of imagined monsters that don't really exist.

Quote Originally Posted by XilenceX View Post
    I also thought that it's weird to choose an idiomatic phrase as a theme that many international particpants can only try to guess what it means.
    However google is our friend as always and this seems like the best description to me: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/things_that_go_bump_in_the_night
    So I am making my small game project around the theme of imagined monsters that don't really exist.
    thanks you XilencerX, it make sense now

Hey all,

This sounds like an awesome thing, im testing out a few ideas at the moment but have a quick question about the rules and guidelines. It says that we should not be doing anything offensive or obscene. Does this mean we should steer away from the more horror type games or are we still allowed to do something as long as it is tasteful and not gratuitous blood and gore?

Good luck everyone!

All the best,
    Nick

Here's where I'm at so far. Long way to go.

This is my first time doing a game jam. I won't have anymore time to work on it this weekend so I'm going to submit what I have now.

Download

Quote Originally Posted by shalar View Post
    This is my first time doing a game jam. I won't have anymore time to work on it this weekend so I'm going to submit what I have now.

Download
    Pretty cool game.

Unfortunately I had no time to participate in this game jam Will there be another one?

Here is my entry, Fright, you must dodge the Ghosts and get all the Pumpkins to become the powerful White Ghost and defeat all the enemies. Use WASD to move.

Download Link

PS: I don't know how to rig characters.
    Last edited by draquod; 10-26-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Here is my entry!
    Demon Ball

I did not have as much time free this weekend as i'd hoped so as a result there is no sound and only a basic gameplay concept :P
    You have to cause chaos to freak out the people sleeping upstairs and then not get caught when they turn the lights on
    BTW lighting setup is all dynamic RT Distance Field Shadows

Download

Cheers!
    Last edited by DylserX; 10-26-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Get your jack-o-lantern to the top of the mountain.

Fire mini pumpkins L mouse / X
    Fire bombs(these hurt you too) R Mouse / B
    Jump Space / A
    Zoom Mouse Wheel / LR shoulder buttons
    Move WASD / L Stick

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-vjToh_4YcjMV9JbTA5ZXpuc1U/view?usp=sharing
    Last edited by StevePeters; 10-26-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by DylserX View Post
    Here is my entry!
    Demon Ball

I did not have as much time free this weekend as i'd hoped so as a result there is no sound and only a basic gameplay concept :P
    You have to cause chaos to freak out the people sleeping upstairs and then not get caught when they turn the lights on
    BTW lighting setup is all dynamic RT Distance Field Shadows

Download

Cheers!
    Yeah the sound is an important bit that's missing. Other than that I really liked the gameplay and dynamic lighting! It reminds me a bit of catlateral damage.

I didn't get much done this weekend since I was strugeling with Cascade in the little time I had. I for one am really looking forward to that Cascade 2.0/Niagara update!

Infiltrator
    So whilst making a menu for my game I sort of broke the stars?

Supporter
    Just finished my entry. I'm still new to Unreal Engine and I didn't really have a solid plan so I kind of made it up as I went along.

"Knock" is a short cinematic "horror" experience. You play as a paranoid person that has been haunted by unexplained knocking sounds for months, only occuring during the night.
    You've just moved to a new place. Afraid that the knocking might come back, you didn't even take the time to properly settle in. So far it has been quiet. Until tonight...

Download

A video playthrough of the entire game (SPOILERS):

I'm a one man team so unfortunately (performance) testing has been lacking .

Didn't have as much time this weekend to get everything I wanted to do with the game done but I got something. I've been calling it Fading Light in my head. Can you collect all the pickups before your flashlight runs out of power and you're left to stumble in the dark?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5D85yHwQWNCbDdSRjdCQUkxak0/view?usp=sharing
    Last edited by InfectedFPS; 10-26-2014 at 05:23 PM.
    YouTube: Tutorials of things as I learn/figure them out
    Twitter: @InfectedFPS
    Twitch: InfectedFPS (Occasionally stream some work)
    Site/Blog: http://www.csmarkus.com

Right then boys and girls, here is my submission to the October Game Jam.

The exe is \Pump Kin Up\WindowsNoEditor\Pumpkin\Binaries\Win32\Pumpkin.exe.

Download
    http://luckyredfish.com/Pump_Kin_Up.rar

I am currently on holiday in Vietnam so i had to make this on my laptop and boy has it struggled but I started this yesterday and made all the art and audio assets so there is no assets that need permission for. This is my first UE4 project and I have learned absolutely loads from doing it

I am assuming this is all I have to do for a submission.

I am going to bed now its 4am here.

Infiltrator
    I Did it!
    Hallowdoors
    Controls:
    Left and Right arrow - Movement;
    (Extra) Z key - Pretty explosion (useless);
    Objective:
    Reach the candies but watch out with the green straps!

Candy ball - 1 point;
    Candy cane - 2 points;

Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!LhpGxI7T!b7TsuMySzoznu0ZGBUz4Vqt___zmvRDE85mARpj5uBs

The game is on the ProjectGRenew folder!

Our project is Illumina
    Team members
    Niky Leaton
    Levon Church
    Aaron Leaton

You play as a small child who has "awaken" from a nightmare, you're terrified and all you have is a flashlight that runs through really cheap batteries quickly. You have to try and keep the flashlight lit by collecting batteries. Each battery will fully light your flashlight. Avoid your nightmare no matter what!

Controls
    WASD = Movement
    ESC = Pause
    E = Pickup Battery / open door
    also forgot to say that the nightmare is attracted to noise, so watch what you bump!

Updated Download Link 9:41 pm
    Last edited by DwunkyPengy; 10-27-2014 at 01:32 AM. Reason: forgot to mention one of the controls

Supporter
    Team members:
    Arturo Espinoza (myself)
    Antonio Espinoza (my brother)

The game is called Pumpkin Maze
    The player has to go through a randomly generated maze to get to the Bar while avoiding the flying pumpkins. There are three game difficulties: EASY, MEDIUM, and HARD. The size of the maze and number of pumpkins spawned increases with each difficulty level.

I made the package on my mac, so here is the mac version: https://mega.co.nz/#!3RkykDJA!XsZwYeUk3RWUgjqdtE8i2ABL68Nk4TOtB4BIRXwURjw
    I'll upload the PC version tomorrow.

Edit: PC Version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbfao60pih2n6hz/PumpkinMaze.rar?dl=0
    Last edited by Ghar; 10-27-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Hello folks and Epic Games.

After many late hours myself and Leoalexus have made a short game called Poltergeist.

You play as a ghost / demon / haunted spirit who recently has a new house guest. The objective is to travel through the house without being seen and at the same time to scare your house guest. Turn off lights, knock over books, set off clocks and turn on televisions to frighten your new friend. If he is scared enough then you will win. However if he sees you for too long he won't be scared of you any more and he wins instead

Controls - WASD to move the camera - Left Mouse Click to move - Scroll wheel to zoom in and out - E to interact with environment objects which are close to you.
    Instructions - Unzip the folder and the PC EXE is located within WindowsNoEditor\Poltergeist\Binaries\Win64

Enjoy. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7873877/Poltergeist.rar

Supporter

Game Jam submission: cabin

Note! Left Mouse Button places wood over windows.

Download the game (Windows) (Mac OS)
    Windows build requires Microsoft C++ Runtime 2013.

Read the design document. Note that a bit was cut due to time constraints.

Team
    Scott Perrine
    Paul Davis
    Manya Susoev
    Joshua Martin
    Chris Ainsworth

Data
    167mb
    248 revisions
    Built entirely with blueprints.
    Last edited by driph; 10-28-2014 at 06:54 PM. Reason: added mac os build

Prj Terror -
    Escape the nightmare.
    you lied down for the night and you've just drifted into asleep.. BANG BANG.. you awake somewhere strange to the sounds echo. where am i ? this looks familiar but different...there is a hole in the floor... but where does it lead ? what's lurking down there ?
    will you last long enough to make it through it's maze and safely back to your bed before it gets you ?

---- Controls ----
    WASD - Movement
    Left Shift - Sprint
    Left Click - Toggle Torch (flashlight)

I did everything myself. It features a low lit environment and randomly generated maze game with sounds and complete with terror all packed in for your pleasure
    (The maze is a tiny big but the game is fully complete-able, it just might take you a few tries to find the bed and survive.)
    Orginal edit by SaxonRah; 10-26-2014 at 10:51 PM.

<em>

EDIT -
    10-27-2014 at 2:41 AM.- I made a special version for a friend with slow internet and i figured i'd post it here too in case it was useful for a forum member to wanna play my game
    It's the same game i just deleted unused assets and repackaged it, i hope that's okay! <3 btw this version is untested but it should work exactly the same, if you are epic get the one at the top of the post since that's the one that was submitted on time.

Bump

Download

Team:
    Kylawl
    mrbear

Controls:
    WASD, Space to Jump
    DPad, Left Stick, Face Buttons to Jump

RIP - Requiescat In Pace

RIP - Requiescat In Pace

Find a Way out and RIP.
    a Solo Dev Project

Require a Mouse (Left Click) + Keyboard (WASD) + Headphones!
    DOWNLOAD
    Last edited by 3dPhilosophy; 10-27-2014 at 12:43 AM.

King of the Pumpkins

Local Splitscreen King of the Hills-game.

Player: WASD movement + H for interaction
    Ghost: Arrows movement + Right CTRL for interaction

Download Link

We are a team of 4 people.

UPDATE:
    Since we were one of the winning teams I figured people might also like the version with even the latest bugs fixed and a Mac version as a bonus!
    V1.1 Windows & Mac
    Last edited by discobonzi; 10-30-2014 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Clarification + Bonus added

parasomnia

Parasomnia is a short, dark, anxiety-inducing experience -- a bit of a stretch on the theme "Bump in the Night", but it's dark... and something's making a godawful sound out there

Download from itch.io: http://acatalept.itch.io/parasomnia

Best played with headphones in the dark

Note to self: don't attempt weekend-long game jam over a busy weekend (had to cut this massively short due to time constraints).

Last edited by acatalept; 10-27-2014 at 01:40 AM. Reason: added video link

Infiltrator
    Rushed entry for the game jam, had a lot of fun with my team.
    This is a local multiplayer pvp game and was tested using two xbox 360 controllers. The objective is to push the opponent out of the platforms.
    After clicking Start game click again on the screen to enable controller input.
    Inputs:
    Left Thumbstick = Move player
    Right Thumbstick = Move camera
    A = Jump
    Right Trigger = Attack

Screenshot of the game:

Link of the Game:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/2aydv04hs3822zq/GameJam.rar

Music used was obtained from incompetech.com

Final thoughts: Lots of fun, lots of troubleshooting and will look forward to more of these events
    Last edited by RamP93; 10-27-2014 at 02:22 AM. Reason: game finished uploading

Well, because of a rather persistent bug regarding packaging the game, no one else can play my game. However, I'm going with the next best thing and putting up a Youtube video running through it. Was fun, learned a lot, and shot a lot of zombies.

So the game is simple, shoot zombies in the head and don't die, shoot more zombies in the head. I built 4 different weapons, and a few power ups, although I don't think I use the pistol in this video. The weapons are all a bit strong in this version too, but that's a 3 day deadline for you. It was fun, and the end result turned out alright, if a bit goofy. Oh and just a heads up, the gun I use at the beginning is pretty loud.

Last edited by Daelus; 10-27-2014 at 01:17 AM.

UE Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelus View Post
    Well, because of a rather persistent bug regarding packaging the game, no one else can play my game. However, I'm going with the next best thing and putting up a Youtube video running through it. Was fun, learned a lot, and shot a lot of zombies.

(Youtube link to be posted once Australian internet can finish processing a 7 minute video, aka in a few days, months, or years)

Sorry bout the packaging issue, any luck getting it sorted out?
    Twitter [@iveytron + @UnrealEngine] YouTube [/unrealengine] Twitch [/unrealengine]

Sorry bout the packaging issue, any luck getting it sorted out?
    Nah, I've been fighting it for a few hours now, and once this video uploads I'm going to get some sleep. I'll see if I can get it sorted on answerhub when I wake up. According to people with a similar message it was something to do with the editor being compiled in the wrong mode, even though it was all blueprints for this project.

Just building the lights one more time and then I have to make the EXE! I'll edit this with the download soon!

Ok it's uploading and taking FOREVER but it will post link when done!

Edit - Dammit my upload failed over night. Trying again.
    Last edited by AshesBurnBlack; 10-27-2014 at 12:50 PM.
    @FMJgames on twitter, I follow back devs!
    FMJgames.com IndieDevlog

Luminary
    i couldn't finish my entry :-( . I'll post it when i'll have to have your advices. Good luck to all who submitted one ^^

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast