Hotfix 4.4.1 is Live!

8/26/2014 Hotfix 4.4.1

The 4.4.1 Hotfix is now live! Please make sure to remove any applabels from your target parameter if you had any implemented to opt into the preview.

4.4.1 Fixes:

• Unreal Front End: Fixed a crash that occurred when using cooking-on-the-fly with MacNoEditor
  • Oculus Rift support has been updated to use the Oculus 0.4.1 Beta SDK
  • Fixed a crash when opening animations from the Military Weapons Asset Content Pack on the Marketplace
  • Fixed a bug where mouse handling was broken on Mac
  • Blueprints: Added a redirect to the base engine ini which allows existing content to point to the correct location for an enum, fixing a compatibility break
  • Fixed info.plist search order in UAT
  • Fixed a bug with audio in Couch Knights

Can we expect the [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Segoe UI, Arial, freesans, sans-serif]EpicGames/UnrealEngine@ee3213c](https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/ee3213c7)
[]
Fixed crash closing the editor with SVN source control enabled
[/]
to be rolled back pre-4.5.x for a 4.4.2 Hotfix anytime soon?

Or is the fix not backward compatible? (not a programmer)

[=benjamin.smith;126930]
Can we expect the [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Segoe UI, Arial, freesans, sans-serif]EpicGames/UnrealEngine@ee3213c](https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/ee3213c7) to be rolled back pre-4.5.x for a 4.4.2 Hotfix anytime soon?

[/]

The fix is easy to backport, but bug is not a ‘blocker’ as the crash is occurring at the end of the unloading of Editor (no risk of data loss).

If you don’t use SVN (using Perforce, Git or Mercurial) you can disable the Subversion plugin to remove the crash.

[=;127032]
The fix is easy to backport, but bug is not a ‘blocker’ as the crash is occurring at the end of the unloading of Editor (no risk of data loss).

If you don’t use SVN (using Perforce, Git or Mercurial) you can disable the Subversion plugin to remove the crash.
[/]

Ah yes thank you for pointing that out to me :slight_smile:

Some of my colleagues have been reporting problem and were worried about potential corruption of auto-save, etc… type files leading to data loss.

When is said:
Oculus Rift support has been updated to use the Oculus 0.4.1 Beta SDK

Does it mean that I can use Direct HMD Access mode? or do I need to use Extend Desktop mode still?

Hi,
just tried the updated Version of UE4 and get a judder while moving my head, but it stays absolutly smooth while moving with mouse or controller. I guess it is not a performance. Otherwise it should judder with the mouse movement too. Played with the “Engine Scalability Settings” but that changes nothing. Does anyone has the same problem?

[=hippopotamus;127810]
Hi,
just tried the updated Version of UE4 and get a judder while moving my head, but it stays absolutly smooth while moving with mouse or controller. I guess it is not a performance. Otherwise it should judder with the mouse movement too. Played with the “Engine Scalability Settings” but that changes nothing. Does anyone has the same problem?
[/]

Hi hippopotamus,

While 4.4.1 was still in “preview” a few users reported the judder and received the following response:

Cheers!

[]
Does it mean that I can use Direct HMD Access mode? or do I need to use Extend Desktop mode still?
[/]

With the hot fix, you’ll be able to use direct mode!

[=JesseLord;127727]
When is said:
Oculus Rift support has been updated to use the Oculus 0.4.1 Beta SDK

[/]

Been using direct mode fine with the hotfix PREVIEW for the past few days or so, so yes as said. Add a console command “FULLSCREEN” to your level blueprint to start in fullscreen so you don’t have to alt/enter everytime. There are other methods too. If you do that it’ll work in direct to rift even from the editor (play in standalone window).

As for judder? Check your framerates - silky smooth here if above 75fps, if not, there is judder.

Any we could get a tutorial on that car paint sample you guys did with the new clear coat shader? It’s very cool!

How do I use or enable light tubes? I need to download the source code and compile or is it available throu’ the launcher binary?

[=Sharpfish;128332]
Been using direct mode fine with the hotfix PREVIEW for the past few days or so, so yes as said. Add a console command “FULLSCREEN” to your level blueprint to start in fullscreen so you don’t have to alt/enter everytime. There are other methods too. If you do that it’ll work in direct to rift even from the editor (play in standalone window).

As for judder? Check your framerates - silky smooth here if above 75fps, if not, there is judder.
[/]

Sharpfish, could you please describe how did you get 75fps? And what’s your hardware as well?

I’m struggling to get anything above 30fps with the FPS template for example, packaged or not.
2xXeon 5650, 24GB RAM, GTX 470 1280MB
(not top of the line GPU, but there’s a wall and a cube in the scene!)

Any idea when will be fixed?

Can we please have a fix on also?

Two particle bugs:

1. Ribbon Data doesn’t follow its source particle when local space option is checked.
  2. When local space option is unchecked, there’s a slight “position shift” in weird direction from emitter with high velocity.

I hated it when it said ‘solved’ but nothing really get fixed…

[=KillerPenguin;133482]
I hated it when it said ‘solved’ but nothing really get fixed…
[/]

Hi KillerPenguin,

I understand how the ‘Solved’ tag on the AnswerHub can be confusing, but it is used in reference to the act of you reporting the bug, and not the bug itself. Once we have submitted the bug-report internally, then we don’t require any more information and we are done with the AnswerHub post, and marking it as “Solved” clears it from our assignment tracking. Once a bug-report gets made internally, it is prioritized by our engineers, and depending on the priority and the difficulty to implement the changes, it may take a while before an update occurs.

We are investigating ways to better communicate the status of bugs to our users, and we are eager to get the new system rolled out when it’s ready.

Thanks for the feedback.

I just noticed there is an update available in the launcher (as of a few minutes ago), but I don’t recall it being announced. Is an update to 4.4.2 (the same as the current 4.4 github branch)? I just want to make sure before downloading, as I was affected by the phantom 4.4.1 :slight_smile: Thanks

ps. It would be great if the tool-tip that pops up when you hover the orange ‘i’ info icon would inform you of what the update number is that will be downloaded.

[=;137854]
I just noticed there is an update available in the launcher (as of a few minutes ago), but I don’t recall it being announced. Is an update to 4.4.2 (the same as the current 4.4 github branch)? I just want to make sure before downloading, as I was affected by the phantom 4.4.1 :slight_smile: Thanks

ps. It would be great if the tool-tip that pops up when you hover the orange ‘i’ info icon would inform you of what the update number is that will be downloaded.
[/]

I just updated mine, it now says it’s 4.4.2

[=Ispheria;137861]
[/]

730Mo the Update for 4.4.2 or hotfix only ? , any change log ?

It’s 4.4.2. Announcement page isn’t done yet.
Hotfix 4.4.2 is Live! - Announcements and Releases - Unreal Engine Forums!

[=Ispheria;137861]
[/]

Thanks for the confirmation! :slight_smile:

I’ve been using 4.4.2 off of github for a few days, so far so good! I guess it’s time to update my other projects.

For some info on what is included (probably not everything, but worth a read) see here: