Hotfix 4.4.2 is Live!

9/9/2014 Hotfix 4.4.2

Here is the latest set of fixes we have in store with Hotfix 4.4.2!

4.4.2 fixes:

• Fixed an error that could occur with Notify tracks in animation Montages.
  • Fixed an error that could cause the Mac Editor to become unresponsive when Slate Text Views were used
  • Fixed game plugin source being compiled with optimizations when Debug or DebugGame configuration is set.
  • Updated Vehicle Template with Oculus Rift support!

This is great- you guys are killing it!

Is there anything specific with Oculus Rift support? What changed?

Thanks again!

[=Jak Carver;137995]
Is there anything specific with Oculus Rift support? What changed?
[/]

You can now hit backspace/delete to toggle the camera view from 3rd Person to putting you in the driver seat and look around while driving :slight_smile:

[=NickBullard;138099]
You can now hit backspace/delete to toggle the camera view from 3rd Person to putting you in the driver seat and look around while driving :slight_smile:
[/]

SWEET!

Thanks for the info!

good job!

//Unreal Engine FTW//

Thanks for this HotFix! Also, can you add a multi-touch support in the next fix, please? Some people already asked for this feature:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?34571-Can-t-do-more-than-1-touch-at-the-same-time

[=NickBullard;138099]
[/]

I found out that “Tab” key switches camera view, not “Backspace” or “Delete” keys. I’m not sure about Oculus Rift because I have one good eye and I wear eyeglasses. I found out that I’m like a blind person when using keyboard, mouse, and gamepad while wearing the Oculus Rift goggles.

I don’t have Oculus Rift goggles and I will not buy it. How do I add the mouse look functions to my driving game? I tried to copy the functions from the new version of vehicle template that came with UE 4.4.2 to my blueprint for my car but there is “code” that finds out if Oculus Rift goggles are connected to a computer. Should I add the “code” to my blueprint?

How do hit fixes work? Is there a special patch download to install a hot fix? Or do you have to re-download the whole engine? Or something else?

I saw 4.4.3 preview build in the github release page. I will download it when it will be a stable version.

[=tomjscott;140997]
How do hit fixes work? Is there a special patch download to install a hot fix? Or do you have to re-download the whole engine? Or something else?
[/]

I’m definitely no expert, but I think you have to re-download the whole engine. I say this because I’ve been waiting for Unreal to update to 4.4.1 on my laptop for a while now. Well, I just decided to install it on my desktop today, so I downloaded the installer from the website and it’s currently downloading 4.4.2. If there is another way, though, I’d love to know, too.

Hm were there changes to decals in this update? After I updated they seem to be barely visible. Worked just fine before.

System Settings aren’t listed in the BaseEngine.ini where experimental decals used to be before either.

Edit: Resolved partly. After adding the DBuffer decals back into the ini. , the standard decals won’t show (Stain, Translucent etc.) but the DBuffer ones work.
The problem with the DBuffer decals is that I still have exactly this problem: Decals and oculus rift problem - Rendering - Epic Developer Community Forums