Light in solid, meshes, with normal soft error....

Hi ,this is my problem. but i don’t understand english, use traductor google. thx & sorry.

traductor > the problem I see in the changes of static meshes, because if doubled as in the picture (soil are static meshes), it changes hues as if the soft mode is not correct. imported in several ways, and tweaked in several ways, but I can not fix it. anyone know how to do?
spanish > el problema lo veo en los cambios de meshes estáticos , pues si duplico como está en la imagen (el suelo son meshes estáticos) , éste cambia las tonalidades como si el soft mode no fuera correcto. importado de varias maneras , y retocado de varias maneras , pero no consigo arreglarlo. alguien sabe como hacerlo?

Do you actually have duplicate or multiple meshes or duplicate faces/triangles in the same position? It’s too difficult for me to decipher using google’s translation alone, but I don’t understand if you are saying it simply looks duplicated on the shadows, or if the meshes really are duplicates, and it is resulting in an additive effect on your shadows. Are you using the BSP brush solids or are you using an imported static mesh? Sorry, my spanish is not good enough for me to even half-*** read the language, let alone effectively speak it. Hopefully you can understand well enough what I am asking, sorry!

Other image. i used duplicated mesh, 512512 , i have use for floor , 3 meshes. 256256 , 512512 , 10241024… but shadows error.

Hi Azjolnerub,

This is a known issue. (posted here on the forums before)

As Daniel posted in the linked thread:

As a side note. Using Bing Translator has proven to work better than Google Translator for. :slight_smile:

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Tim

so we give to understand that the statich meshes that try to be correlated and these have those light distortion settings… because the truth is that I think that it is a huge bug, if you copy an object, which has 2 channels of identical UV, and a very high resolution, and the same white material… This has to fail… so badly.

Good, and State testing 2000 ways and and got one which seems that it can be simulated very well, actually the visible “cut” is still but… the view is not already! lol, “cover” the judgment material. Thanks to the emissive - ambient oclussion inside the material, giving dark colors, and manipulating the material instance… it seems that it “hides” cuts.