I want to share with you the little game I'm developing in the spare time of my spare time: Planet Alpha 31 is an immersive, story driven puzzle platformer mixed with bits of exploration and action.
When mankind is forced to abandon Earth a team of explorers is send to find a new home.
After years of drifting into nothingness a suitable planet – Alpha 31 – is found and the Terra-formation begins.
About half way through the process an unknown incident causes the Terra-formation to revert with catastrophic consequences.
You, one of the last engineers left, are send to investigate the events and to resume the terra-formation process in a race against time.
Planet Alpha 31 is an immersive, story driven puzzle platformer mixed with bits of exploration and action.
The events take place in a living and constantly changing world: real time day / night cycle affects everything on the planet, the Terra-formation process shapes the landscape before your eyes and the 2nd dimension that became accessible during the incident will offer a special experience.
While exploring Alpha 31 you will be aided by PIA – Personal Intelligent Assistant. She will help you investigate the events and slowly unfold the true story of what happened before your arrival.
The game-play will test both the player's mind and reflexes on this beautiful but dangerous planet.
- Diverse and fast paced game-play including puzzles, agility challenges and action.
- Retro sci-fi atmosphere that combines a sense of wonder, loneliness and danger during the exploration of Alpha 31.
- Real-time day/night cycle that changes both the environment and the game mechanics.
- A mysterious 2nd dimension accessible through the portals that appeared after the incident.
- The Terra-formation process that constantly morphs the landscape.
- Use a wide range of gadgets to help in your quest.
- Unfolding story told by PIA – your Personal Intelligent Assistant – that will keep you connected until the very end.
- Next gen graphics powered by Unreal Engine 4 including fully dynamic lighting, global illumination, GPU particles and more.
Official website: http://www.planetalpha31.com/
Status: Early prototype stage
Engine: Unreal Engine 4 and FMOD Studio
Release date: TBA
The game is being developed by Adrian Lazar together with David Kamp for audio design & integration.
For the past couple of weeks I've been working on a new core mechanic for Planet Alpha 31. It's not done yet but here's a small sneak peek with some of the elements that will use it.
Looking forward to share more.