Material ERROR!

For some reason even though I have a material and all of the uassets in the correct folder the file appears to be lost. At first it will show me a preview, but when I go to apply it, it disappears.

Any ideas?

Did you migrate the asset? It looks like the textures were reset to None, you will have to apply the correct texture to each sampler.

So the assets were downloaded and dropped into the content folder with all the links, they were never in another project to migrate. Would you recommend bringing them in differently?
How can I reapply the textures? it doesn’t allow for me to open a UASSET and relink…

its really strange because the preview shows up until i open the material in the editor…

if I have all the links is there a way to relink them to the material?

How old is the material? If it’s from an older version maybe something changed and references got dropped in the newer version. In this case you should (if it’s not too much work) download the version the material was created in, create a project and close it, add the material to the project like you did here, open the project again and migrate to your new project.

Another way to fix it is to find the textures in the content browser, select a texture, select the sampler it’s supposed to go to (for a normal map texture select the Normal texture sampler) and click the arrow thing that gets the texture from the content browser. If it’s like this for a lot of materials the above method is probably better (if it works).

its probably older, I may just have to skip them and look elsewhere its a shame that old materials don’t load very well in UE4