Out of video memory trying to allocate a texture

2 16gb cards crossfired

301569-96802604-3291175244246868-623085723267891200-n.jpg

Hey guys! Im brand new to unreal. just started today. Gettin this error when tryin to open the soul slum map. I have a radeon pro duo with 32gb of vram. I would think that is enough memory for it? If not, how do we lower the resolution as the error message says? been tryin to search on google without luck

Only thing i found to fix was to change the allocated memory on the paging size and still not workin?
I saw this on an old support post

Also updated my gpu driver

Is this a 2 processor video card? if this is the case then try to make it work 1 processor.

Im not sure how to make it work with just 1?

I think this is done through AMD programs, I just used GTX690 which is also 2 processor and through the NVIDIA program I could turn it off

I see a page file solution on other posts but I can’t get it to work? What are we supposed to put on initial size and max size? I tried 16,000 and 32,000

try 8000 and 16000

and I think you should also try downloading the video card test program like MSI afterburner and MSI kombustor

Tried this, didnt work :frowning: it looks like it only happens on the large scenes like soul slum? it handles the Spaceship Interior Environment Set just fine

What will this do?

Its test you GPU.

say please what resolution of textures you use? How many objects you have? And how many RAM you have?

In soul city there is over 2500 actors. 32gb of vram, ive tried everything on the lowest settings and it still crashes

Is 2500 too many? lol

I think you need to find you limite xD By deleting some assets.

I get this error from 10 assets with 8K resolution textures xD

So maybe 2500 its many

Could it also be the texture res is too high? How do we reduce? I found max texture size on google but i cannot find it in ue4 4.25

You can reduce size of texture when open texture in ue4 just type max in it search

Try use 2K texture and 1024

What version of use are you using? I can’t find it searching on 4.25

its 4.25 . strange

Here’s what i’m seein. Perhaps i’m doin it wrong? I did just start usin unreal a few days ago

Open it from material or in content browser