Moved project from PC to dMac can't start game

I just moved my project from a pc to a mac. entire folder and whenever I hit play whole thing crashes.

Here is crash report:

SIGSEGV: invalid attempt to access memory at address 0xd0000

EngineCrashHandler(FGenericCrashContext const&) Address = 0xeb1b68f (filename not found) [in UE4Editor]
PlatformCrashHandler(int, __siginfo*, void*) Address = 0xec2666f (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-Core.dylib]
_sigtramp() Address = 0x8f3245aa (filename not found) [in libsystem_platform.dylib]

FGCCollector::HandleObjectReference(UObject*&, UObject const*, UObject const*) Address = 0xf1f29a6 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dylib]
FSimpleObjectReferenceCollectorArchive::operator<<(UObject*&) Address = 0xf1f3217 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dylib]
UObjectProperty::SerializeItem(FArchive&, void*, int, void const*) const Address = 0xf279de0 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dylib]
UProperty::SerializeBinProperty(FArchive&, void*) Address = 0xf1d4c9c (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dylib]
UStruct::SerializeBin(FArchive&, void*, int) const Address = 0xf1b174e (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dylib]
UObject::SerializeScriptProperties(FArchive&) const Address = 0xf22841e (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dylib]
UObject::AddReferencedObjects(UObject*, FReferenceCollector&) Address = 0xf18bc37 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dylib]
FArchiveRealtimeGC::ProcessObjectArray(TArray&, TRefCountPtr&) Address = 0xf1effeb (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dylib]
TGraphTask::ExecuteTask(TArray&, ENamedThreads::Type) Address = 0xf1f2334 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dylib]
FTaskThread::ProcessTasks(int, bool) Address = 0xebdce48 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-Core.dylib]
FTaskThread::Run() Address = 0xebde614 (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-Core.dylib]
FRunnableThreadPThread::_ThreadProc(void*) Address = 0xebd6e0c (filename not found) [in UE4Editor-Core.dylib]
_pthread_body() Address = 0x84659899 (filename not found) [in libsystem_pthread.dylib]
_pthread_struct_init() Address = 0x8465972a (filename not found) [in libsystem_pthread.dylib]
thread_start() Address = 0x8465dfc9 (filename not found) [in libsystem_pthread.dylib]

Thank you for your report.

We have assigned this issue to a member of our support staff, and they will begin investigation as soon as possible. If we are unable to reproduce issue, or we need additional information, our staff member will comment here with additional questions. Otherwise, we will post an ‘Answer’ once we have logged issue in our bug database or we have a solution for it.

In meantime, please be sure to review our suggestions for how to report a bug, and feel free to edit your post if you have additional information to provide.

Thank you.

Hey ,

Can you and attach your log for this project after this crash? You can find your logs here: /Users/UserName/Library/Logs/Unreal Engine/ProjectNameEditor/ Thanks!

I hope this Could help!

this one right?

Thanks! And is this a code based project or a blueprint only project?

Hey ,

I spoke with Mac developers here, and they think it’s a memory error in serialization code. Unfortunately, it’s going to be difficult to do anything without project to examine. If you’re able to up project and post it somewhere we can access it, we can take a look into it. Let us know if that’s what you’d like to do.

Otherwise, if you want to take a look yourself, you can try building from source and running with GuardMalloc enabled in Project Settings:

• Open UE4 Xcode project.
  • Select UE4Editor scheme, then select Edit Scheme…, open Diagnostics tab, enable Scribble, Guard Pages & Guard Malloc options.
  • In Arguments tab add an argument, double click to edit it, then drag the .uproject from Finder into text box.
  • Build & Run in debug.

GuardMalloc will probably crash application before this point, but it’d be interesting to know where.

it’s blueprints only

project is a little bit big +3 Gb. Can you tell me files you need, so I can make it a little bit lighter?

We won’t need DerivedDataCache or Saved folders, nor will we need any .mp4 movies since they aren’t serialized.

Compressing it with 7zip using Keka or some other 7zip archiver would be a good idea since that will compress more aggressively than .

It took very long time to upload. I hope it helps: Removed

Thanks! We’ll let you know what we find out.

I removed dl link . I’ll pm you instead beacuse it has all my project info on unreal forums

Hey ,

It looks like project as packaged crashes on both Mac and Windows in same way. logs are showing content loading errors due to missing assets. You’ll need to resolve missing assets for project to work when you deploy it to another machine. It’s likely they’re on your PC somewhere. Let me know if you’re able to find missing assets and get it working!

I stripped down some of files to upload it. It took 3 hours to upload with this size. I just wanted it to be a bit smaller. mac version I use is just a copy paste of whole folder whole 7-9 Gb. It still crashes and I don’t know why.

Aside from files we mentioned should be safe to remove, did you remove any assets from project? If you take folder that you originally moved from PC to Mac and move it back to PC, will it open (as a copy of project, not original project from PC)?

Yes, it’s working. I just tested it out. I have it on a harddrive.

And project that you uploaded for us? Does that work on your PC?

It spits some errors about missing content, but it’s working http://i.imgur.com/G7kXK2X.jpg

Okay, It’s possible your project is accessing files outside your project folder. Can you get us logs from PC so we can compare error messages? Thanks!