Font sample parameter in material instances

Hi guys,

I have several font samples, and I have set up my font material to use font sample parameter for input. So, I would expect it to let my change the font sample in the static material instance. However, when I create a material instance from this font material, I only get this grey field:

9620-vzxfgvdzfg.png

Is it a bug or do I have to turn some options switch somewhere, to make it let me change the font sample? I am using 4.1.1 engine version.

I’m having exactly the same question. I’ve pointed this out from my initial question here TextRenderActor, font and material behaviour - Rendering - Epic Developer Community Forums

HI Lordink -

We are looking into a possible bug related to font sample parameter. I will keep you informed as I learn more.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Hi. Please keep in mind that I am using the 4.1.1 version of engine. Maybe in newer releases this had been fixed?
Also, the problem is not apparent in the C++. I was able to make the dynamic material instance through the code, and the font adjusting works from there. Except from the fact that I can not set font param from constructor.

I’m using 4.2.1 and it is not fixed there yet.

Hi Lordink -

Its that not being able to set the font param from constructor which I am seeking some clarification.

Thanks for your patience guys -

Eric Ketchum

I haven’t tested it inside C++ code yet but at least looks like there is a way to set a different font parameter for a instance. On the other hand there is no way to do so in the material instance editor.