[4.11p8 BUG]Editor freezes while compiling character blueprint

When the editor freezes,my memory will go up and up like the screenshot below.This happens only in 4.11preview7 and preview8,the project I’m using is converting from UE4.10.Thanks!

83590-猎豹截图20160324200310.png

Hi ,

• Does this occur in a clean, blank project with no additional content or is this limited to one project?
  • What functionality do you have in the character blueprint?
  • If you create a separate character blueprint and compile it, do you experience the same error?
  • Can you post your dxdiag here so I can take a look?

Hi ,

We have not heard back from you in several days. I am marking this as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with the requested information.

Sorry for the late reply.
Now I’m testing my project with new 4.11 release.Sadly,the issue still occurs…

This doesn’t occur in a clean,blank project

The issued character bp is my game’s main character bp,it controls all my character’s game logic including upgrade system,skill system,inventory system and with a blueprint interface to communicate with my main UI and I have another child character bp based on this character bp.

If I create a separate one and compile it.No error occurs.

Thanks

84732-dxdiag.txt (91.2 KB)

Does the editor crash or does it freeze for a time and then return to normal? It is possible that the sheer amount of data in the blueprint simply requires a significant amount of time to process.

Unfortunately no…It will freezes until it runs up all my 16g RAM and crashes as a consequence(it will take maybe 20 minutes).Also,I’m sure the blueprint compiling is not responding since I click on the compile button.Because this issue in 4.10.4 and 4.11 early previews never occurs,the most wait time is just about 30 seconds for it to compile.

Please help me! Now I can only use 4.10.4 instead to carry on my project. Thanks!

Can you send me a copy of your project? I have not been able to reproduce this on my end and would like to find what may be causing this error.

How can I send you the project?Thanks!

If you put the project in a . you can either upload it here or you can upload it to a dedicated ftp service, such as dropbox, and post the link. You can also private message me this information on the forums if that is preferable.

Could you please give me a link to your forum?Thanks!

https://

I have sent you the link.Please check that.Thanks!

I have been attempting to reproduce the error in the project sent, and while I am seeing an increase in compilation time, I do not see a full freeze, it simply takes more time due to the amount of information present in the blueprint. Do you have any other steps I can take to reproduce this on my end?

Thanks,how long do you spend conpiling that blueprint?Actually,I have been waiting for 10 minutes now,the editor is still in a freezing state.And my cpu runs from 3.3ghz(at the start of compiling)down to the 1ghz now.I think the editor isn’t responding now.

Also,in 4.10.4,I don’t need to wait such long,maybe just 30 seconds.

It’s been 30 minutes since I click on the compiling button now,the editor is still freezing and not responding.

I am also having this problem. Was fine in 4.10.4, seems to be trouble with 4.11 or 4.11.1. Is there a way to see the stages of a blueprint compile?

Does the editor eventually respond or does it get locked up entirely? From what I saw, the freeze for me typically lasted from 45 seconds to 2 minutes, but afterwards the compile completed as expected.

Unfortunately,for me the editor gets locked up entirely.This never happens in 4.10.4 or before.

And this guy Death wyrm has the same issue with me.You can see what he says above.

Are you on the latest NVidia drivers? If no, try updating. Additionally, check to make sure your computer is using the NVidia card and not your integrated graphics card. Let me know if this fixes the error you are seeing.

Now I have upgraded my nVidia driver to the latest and make sure to use the nVidia card while running the editor,but the issue still happens…